I need some advice
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I need some advice

Hello, my name is Lawson, I'm 15 years old. I've always considered a career in the military, but I've really been thinking a lot about it. A lot of my family has served in the Navy or Marine Corps, except for my Great Grandparents who served in Army at Normandy. If I do decide to enlist I'd want to serve as: A field medic, an engineer, a mortarman, etc. I would like to know also, what is the difference between the Army and USMC, and whether or not I should be a reservist or combat ready. I also have never fired a gun but I'm hoping to try one day. I'm sort of physically fit, I'm muscular but my stamina relly isn't up to par- (I've been working on it) And what are some of the benefits of being in the Armed forces, Lastly, do you think I should be a Marine? Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

This is the difference in the Army and the Corps....16142656_10210122740776869_353561883691722740_n.jpg

Well said.

Be very careful about your wishes.

If you don't KNOW, you need not ASK, if you need to ASK, you do not NO

The Navy and Marine Corps doesn't have medics.

you sound like a sugar cookie all soft and sweet, in all reality neither gun club sounds like they'd fit you id suggest you check out the Air Force.

Quote Originally Posted by ResetRPG View Post
    Hello, my name is Lawson, I'm 15 years old. I've always considered a career in the military, but I've really been thinking a lot about it. A lot of my family has served in the Navy or Marine Corps, except for my Great Grandparents who served in Army at Normandy. If I do decide to enlist I'd want to serve as: A field medic, an engineer, a mortarman, etc. I would like to know also, what is the difference between the Army and USMC, and whether or not I should be a reservist or combat ready. I also have never fired a gun but I'm hoping to try one day. I'm sort of physically fit, I'm muscular but my stamina relly isn't up to par- (I've been working on it) And what are some of the benefits of being in the Armed forces, Lastly, do you think I should be a Marine? Thanks in advance
    Have you even been in the Boy Scouts ?? if not join and get some education under your belt.. First Aid following orders this will help you allot.. But what ever you do be sure to make your own mind up where you want to be at...

Lawson due you excellent endurance, reason why I ask, is because you have to be in excellent shape to be a medic or a corpsman,reason being is after humping maybe 10 miles you company may take a rest but when they rest you have to check on your men in your platoon,so depending on the circumstances you might get to rest or you might not. you usually may hump 25 miles or so. anyway good luck ,I just wanted to tell you what I did as a corpsman, Did 5 years in division with the grunts.You have to be in better shape then the infantry men.

I am new to this sight. I am seeking either understanding or guidance regarding my Marine son who is away to start his MOS. There was a circumstance on base that has created a problem for him and he is telling me they have given him 3 NJP's and now he will be being moved to the personnel waiting discharge platoon. I can NOT from what he has shared with me, believe that he would have received 3 NJP's and be discharged as he has been an exceptional Recruit/Marine since December and an awesome college student since 16 and not a moments trouble in his life. I'm so frustrated that he worked so hard to become a Marine.....is this the appropriate place to share what I've been told happened and for someone to please explain to me HOW he can be discharged for something so unbelievable?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sounds like he is not telling you something. You'd have to be extraordinarily busy to accumulate 3 NJP's. Either way NJP's are used for minor offenses, typically resulting in a max of loss in pay grade or a relatively brief confinement. If he's being separated there is something else going on IMO.

Sounds like he is lying to you. The Corps doesn't discharge a boot unless he is really a screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by JJMorgan View Post
    I am new to this sight. I am seeking either understanding or guidance regarding my Marine son who is away to start his MOS. There was a circumstance on base that has created a problem for him and he is telling me they have given him 3 NJP's and now he will be being moved to the personnel waiting discharge platoon. I can NOT from what he has shared with me, believe that he would have received 3 NJP's and be discharged as he has been an exceptional Recruit/Marine since December and an awesome college student since 16 and not a moments trouble in his life. I'm so frustrated that he worked so hard to become a Marine.....is this the appropriate place to share what I've been told happened and for someone to please explain to me HOW he can be discharged for something so unbelievable?
    Send a PM to USMC 2571. He was a Legal Beagle in the Air Force and could maybe help you.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    JJMorgan, hello and welcome to this site. It is not unheard of to get three Article 15s, (Non-Judicial Punishment)---but it is grounds for discharge. Even with NO Art 15 he could be discharged, and would be, for "frequent involvement of a discreditable nature with civil or military authorities" and he would not have the right to an administrative discharge board because the discharge itself would be an honorable discharge (strangely enough). His pay grade cannot be affected, nor could he be confined for any time, short or long, as only a court-martial (special or general) could mete out that kind of sentence. I will tell you that he must have done something more than routine foolishness to earn himself three Art 15s. I have no idea what conduct it was, and apparently you don't either. And someone's spotless history makes this surprising, that he got in trouble, but unless I know the specific alleged misconduct, I would not be able to guess what it was.....Now, since it was the base JAG, legal office, that advised his commanding officer to administer non-judicial punishment in the first place, your son should not consult with any JAGs in the legal office, but should instead seek out defense counsel on the same base, in a separate office, and under separate command. The defense counsel can advise your son re what to expect, what to do etc. If you can get me more details please do.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Maybe I've lost my mind, but I'm pretty sure I remember loss of pay grade and confinement quarters) being part of the possible punishments accompanying NJP.

Thread Information