My recruiter insists on me giving him a court record that does not exist
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

My recruiter insists on me giving him a court record that does not exist

So when I was 16 I was falsely accused of a crime by someone and they reported it to the police. The police submitted a report to the district attorney who quickly dismissed it and it was over. Well I am now getting ready to enlist however my recruiter is requesting that I give him a record of this event which is understandable. However when I called the department where this was handled they told me that there is no record and if anything were to show up it would be a dismissed police report. The department was adamant in refusing to give me or anyone else a record saying there was not one. Well now my recruiter is saying we can't do anything until he gets that record. What do I do?

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Was this the police department you contacted, or the DA's office?

If it doesn't exist I don't know what the hell the guy wants you to do. Call the department with him on the phone and have them confirm it for you.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    The letter came from the Police probation office so I called them Zulu 36.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah that's what I proposed to him crazymjb but he wants me to give him the detectives number so he can call him himself. I tried telling him that he would never get anything because you can't just call and ask about a minors records.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rock meets hard place.

I suggest you go to the police department's records bureau. Bring ID and some money. Ask them for everything they have on you. If they have something (and they should) it might cost you a few bucks for copy fees. Expect that they will redact the names and addresses of any other juvenile mentioned in the report.

If you get the police report, it may have a detective's supplemental report indicating the DA's office declined to prosecute, or even a form from the DA's office. If nothing showing disposition is there, you'll have to drop back ten and punt. Probably go to the DA's office itself and ask for what they have on you.

Usually, the police department does not run the probation department. Probation is normally a function of the court system. But you live in California, so who knows how it is run there.

Tell him to submit a DD-369. He should know that.

Credits
    Savings
    Alright sounds like a good idea Zulu 36, thank for the advice. I am going to call the police department and ask how I go about retrieving such records and hopefully that will work.

Thread Information