Recon Indoc
Create Post

Thread: Recon Indoc

Recon Indoc

What's up Devildogs, I am currently awaiting orders to go to do a recon screening/ thereafter headed to BRPC. Anyone have any guidance other than practice running/flutterkicks/pool ? Also, I have been practicing the Egg beater to be able to tread water, but I can't seem to stay afloat.

Similar Threads:

Sounds like your dead in the water before you get there.. I couldn't swim very well but at least I learn to float...

Can't never Could !!!

Most drops happen in the pool. Start swimming with fins to get used to them. Recon swim qual is 2K meters in fins. Also practice climbing ladders with fins on (don't always have time to take them off). One pool exercise you have to pass is swim a long distance (to get tired), and then have to fend off an attacker in the water. At some point, you'll have to be able to float with both your hands and feet tied.

Good luck Devil.

Can't believe Marines come here for help, isn't there any guidance in the new Marine Corps,lol, Semper Fidelis.

"Can't means won't, won't means jail."

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Most drops happen in the pool. Start swimming with fins to get used to them. Recon swim qual is 2K meters in fins. Also practice climbing ladders with fins on (don't always have time to take them off). One pool exercise you have to pass is swim a long distance (to get tired), and then have to fend off an attacker in the water. At some point, you'll have to be able to float with both your hands and feet tied.

Good luck Devil.
    Swimming is absolutely essential... You can't swim correctly you'll never make it.. Period..

Top, sorry for some bad news, and I'm not real sure where you got that information about climbing jacobs ladder's or any ladder's with fins on, that is completely false, a major safety hazard and something that will never, ever happen...

They will eventually swim distances with fins on but not during indoc...

Finning is a technique better learned correctly then on your own and coming in with bad skill's...

Understand. I read it somewhere (Navy Times pretty sure) but maybe I misunderstood about it being a part of indoctrination training.

The recon screening is not a cake walk. Remember this; one's mental agility and presence is at the forefront of all that you are tasked.

ORDO AD CHAO

Thread Information