Fifty Years and Still Proud!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fifty Years and Still Proud!

I woke up this morning, April 17, 2017. That was a good start! Truthfully, I always take a moment to celebrate the day I stood on the yellow footprints. Today is extra special. It's actually been fifty years! I turned 17 and joined up. I was one of those crazy *uckers who was worried the war would end before I got there! Haha! Anyway, 1967 was a heck of a year! Just wanted to share . . . figured someone would get it!

Similar Threads:

well Happy Marine Corps birthday to you, brother.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	93a3cee7_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics71515MilitaryCapFlag.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	31453

The Proud, The Few, The Constitutional Marine

Quote Originally Posted by raznaran View Post
    I woke up this morning, April 17, 2017. That was a good start! Truthfully, I always take a moment to celebrate the day I stood on the yellow footprints. Today is extra special. It's actually been fifty years! I turned 17 and joined up. I was one of those crazy *uckers who was worried the war would end before I got there! Haha! Anyway, 1967 was a heck of a year! Just wanted to share . . . figured someone would get it!
    I stood on those footsteps 50 years ago on Jan 17th. I also was afraid the war would be over if I didn't hurry up and get there. Took me a year to get there and make history for the Corps.

I enlisted Nov. 74 ,went active June 75 ...too late.

I'm right there with you Raznaran, I joined the Marine Corp in August, 28th 1967.

"Not As Lean, Still As Mean, Always A Marine".

Semper Fi,
    Russ

Congrats on the 5 decades Raznaran!

Yellow footprints feb 23, 1969 here. I might make it 2 more years.. God willing.

Congratulations Marine...

SF

This is my 50 year milestone as well. I might forget what I went into a room to get.....but I will never forget those yellow foot prints.

Someplace in the back of my mind,
    says i should do a good deed and say
    congratulations and aim it at the crowd
    that hit that " 50 year mark "

Foremost in my mind is knowing the point
    a number of more SeniorMarines here are
    wanting to yell over the cubical wall -

"boots"

then sit back and have a good
    laugh

congratulations kids ?

Fifty years ago I was training Recruits at MCRD, San Diego. The most rewarding duty the Marine Corps had to offer.

I guess I should have been a little more clear. Those yellow footprints that I stood on were at PI, where real Marines are made. But, I must admit that some of the SD Marines did become qualified Marines, even with their handicap.

With all those planes taking off I bet you all couldn't even hear the sand fleas buzzing your face, if you had any.

Must have been really tough at Pleasure Island with all the dog fleas.

Willie.....all those Boots that went to PI, fell for it. They think a sign at the entrance gate to Disneyland, was all it took to be a Marine. Some turned out to be o.k. Marines. I taught a lot of 'em the real way, once we got to Nam. They still thank me to day for opening their eyes.

Russ; it appears that Mongoose and Old Marine is experiencing envy problems about where they went to boot camp. Only the weak went to SD. And the DI's at SDI am told are latent pedophile character type people. A recent study shows that Marines who are gay mainly went to boot camp at San Diego. Just Saying!

ORDO AD CHAO

Thread Information