Fifty Years and Still Proud!
Create Post

Fifty Years and Still Proud!

I woke up this morning, April 17, 2017. That was a good start! Truthfully, I always take a moment to celebrate the day I stood on the yellow footprints. Today is extra special. It's actually been fifty years! I turned 17 and joined up. I was one of those crazy *uckers who was worried the war would end before I got there! Haha! Anyway, 1967 was a heck of a year! Just wanted to share . . . figured someone would get it!

Similar Threads:

well Happy Marine Corps birthday to you, brother.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	93a3cee7_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics71515MilitaryCapFlag.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	31453

The Proud, The Few, The Constitutional Marine

Quote Originally Posted by raznaran View Post
    I woke up this morning, April 17, 2017. That was a good start! Truthfully, I always take a moment to celebrate the day I stood on the yellow footprints. Today is extra special. It's actually been fifty years! I turned 17 and joined up. I was one of those crazy *uckers who was worried the war would end before I got there! Haha! Anyway, 1967 was a heck of a year! Just wanted to share . . . figured someone would get it!
    I stood on those footsteps 50 years ago on Jan 17th. I also was afraid the war would be over if I didn't hurry up and get there. Took me a year to get there and make history for the Corps.

I enlisted Nov. 74 ,went active June 75 ...too late.

I'm right there with you Raznaran, I joined the Marine Corp in August, 28th 1967.

"Not As Lean, Still As Mean, Always A Marine".

Semper Fi,
    Russ

Thread Information