History of Anorexia, Before 13th Birthday
Create Post

History of Anorexia, Before 13th Birthday

Greetings Marines,

First off, thank you for any help and for taking the time out of your day to help me with my question.

When I was 11 and 12 I attended an out-patient care facility regarding Anorexia. I saw a therapist there but that was a part of the therapy. After going there for a while I got better and finished. I was on Zoloft for anxiety and to help my disorder. I understand taking that disqualifies me for a certain period of time but I am off of that now.

My question is does attending that outpatient therapy center and having Anorexia before my 13th birthday disqualify me? I've read from sources that before your 13th birthday means you can get a waiver for it, but isn't guaranteed.

Thank you very much. If I can clear anything up be sure to ask.

Thank you for your time and service, Marines.

Similar Threads:

I'd get guidance on this from your recruiter. I know that back when I joined getting a waiver for a past use of anxiety medication was very possible, but not sure on the anorexia front. Also, all waivers are granted on an individual basis, so again I'd seek guidance from a recruiter.

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply.

When talking to a recruiter about it he told me that I didn't have it. If it isn't physical then it doesn't matter. I'm just worried that in the future for some reason my medical records will be checked and then get charged with fraudulent enlistment.

Don't know if I should follow the advice to get in, or take the chance of getting DQ'ed.

Thanks again.

So as a factual matter your recruiter is likely correct in that your past medical history is virtually never going to come up and they'll never find out about it. That said, this isn't a certainty. I find that honesty is the best policy, and with persistence and a recruiter willing to work with you, you can likely get a waiver if DQd. I'm currently dealing with waiver BS again as I work to get into the National Guard. Why? Because I don't want it in the back of my mind.

Mike

Thread Information