Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
All I can tell you is I was a Marine for 22.6 years. During that career, I knew one Sgt who was accepted to the MECEP program and eventually became a Limited Duty Officer (major). Never saw anybody I knew get accepted to the ECP program. A few of my friends got accepted to the Warrant Officer program and eventually became Chief Warrant Officers (not commissioned officers). Based on that experience, my opinion is, MECEP and ECP are nothing anybody can expect or plan on doing. Last year, 19 Marines were accepted for MECEP (don't know how many applied). This year, I know one Marine who has been accepted. He is a Gunnery Sergeant (E7) with 12 years of service and former Senior Drill Instructor at Parris Island. He will be attending Officer Candidate School later this fall (where he could be an instructor). That will give you some kind of idea of who you would be competing against (as far as your question on how to make yourself more competitive).
Yessir!

After talking to my OSO, I decided to try the hardest and get PFT scores up and keep going for the OCS.

Thank you for your input.

-Josh