Am I competitive for OCS? Is my OSO lying to me?
Create Post

Am I competitive for OCS? Is my OSO lying to me?

I am a potential OCS applicant who is working towards OCC 225. The thing is I got in contact with my OSO very late and the deadline is less than two weeks away. I am 23 years old, with a 2.6 GPA in political science from a good school, an 1150 combined math/reading SAT score and a PFT of about 230 (since I haven't had a lot of time to train), looking to go Ground Contract. I also only sent my med docs to MEPS recently and I don't have a MEPS date yet. From what I've seen online, this makes me not a good contender for OCS, but the thing is my OSO has been very encouraging, telling me that the Board is all about the "whole person concept" and really wants me to apply for OCC 225. It makes me wonder if my OSO wants me to apply but knows I don't have a strong chance and will probably get rejected. I know recruiters have been known to lie to applicants and poolees but do OSOs? I also find it suspicious how he doesn't seem worried about the fact that I don't have a MEPS date yet. If I don't get one before the deadline I guess I won't be able to apply for OCC 225 so that strikes me as odd.

So my questions are: would my OSO lie to me? Is it almost guaranteed I won't get selected with my GPA and current PFT scores? And if I was able to raise my PFT to a 300, would that make me a good contender for OCC 226? Any feedback would be of great help thanks!