Platoon Leader's Class - Flight Slots & Becoming a Fighter Pilot
Create Post

Platoon Leader's Class - Flight Slots & Becoming a Fighter Pilot

Hello this is my first time on this site and I was wondering if anybody could help me with a particular question I have with a total honest answer. I have no one in this particular field of a military job to help me with these questions, besides a Marine recruiter which kinda seem to be just telling me what I want to hear and not the 100% unfiltered truth. My question is about the Platoon Leader's Course in which an individual such as my self could join and then go to Officer Candidate School 2 summers during college while earning a bachelors degree.

The specific question I have is how viable is PLC and the Marine Corps in general to earning and hopefully becoming a fixed wing pilot on an air frame such as the F-18 Hornet or very near future F-35B Lighntning II? Are there better options within the Marine Corp or any other branch for that matter who can give me a better probability at becoming a fighter pilot?

As a little background on me so you can understand my particular situation is I just turned 20 years old I'm planning on going to college in the Fall. My academic excellence in high school quite honestly was not very good(it sucked). Many issues arose during my early years such as financial issues, multiple deaths of beloved ones in and out of my family. Needless to say ending of about my Junior year I had less than 8 credits. With extremely hard work ethic though I managed to catch up on all those missing credits by the end of Senior year and I graduated on time with about a 2.30 GPA. Been taking the past year off to get some money and plan out the next step. Any advice or recommendations you all can give would be extremely appreciated. Thank you for your time.