MEPS Duty
Create Post

Thread: MEPS Duty

MEPS Duty

Rah Marines,

Ive been trying to find information about how one goes about getting orders to a MEPS facility and what is required for such a duty. I haven't been able to find any info except on it except for army and navy personal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Good place to start is with your unit Career Planner. Orders come from the MMEA branch at Headquarters Marine Corps and Career Planners are in constant contact with the MMEA folks (because many times, a new set of orders may be part of a reenlistment/extension application). If they can't help you, they may at least be able to get you going in the right direction.

Another idea is to contact your recruiting station back home. Recruiters spend a lot time at their local MEPS as you know. You could ask them to talk MEPS personnel about how they went about getting orders and how they became qualified for those billets. Then, call back after a few days to see what they found out for you. Or, maybe they could just get the phone number at MEPS where a Marine works, and you could call and talk to them yourself.

Good luck Devil - let us know what you find out (somebody else may have this same question at some point and can search your thread).

Thank you MSGT. I hadn't considered that last bit. I will definitely be making some visits to the career planner in the near future.

MCO P1326.6D, see Appendix E since this is Independent Duty. That gives you the Marine Corps requirements.

You have to meet USMEPCOM requirements in USMEPCOM Regulation 600-23, paragraph 2-2.

MCO 1100.75F (MEPS) is the exact same regulation as AR 601-270, OPNAVINST 1100.4C, and COMDTINST M 1100.2E; check out Appendix D.

Last edited by TolzerVman; 03-09-17 at 08:05 PM. Reason: formatting

Your admin shop will have the above orders. Stop by, and ask to take a look at them.

Thread Information