Is a waiver possible?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Is a waiver possible?

I shipped to basic training in the early part of 2013 and pulled a stupid move that I regret and have wanted to at least correct from the day I left the island. Less than 3 weeks in, I got all stupid because of a girl. You've probably heard this a million times. Well, I was willing to say anything to get out of basic so I threw the whole "I'll kill myself" mess out. After taking my shoe strings and taking me to the psychologist, I said absolutely anything I could, I said I'd had suicidal ideations twice in my teens (I never have), and I said that I self-mutilated while using two scars on my side wrist as the example in which I truly have no idea where they came from, I was pretty active when I was younger and ran through thorn bushes and everything while playing. Of course this landed me with what I wanted, to go home, but also with a fraudulent enlistment. The day the van was driving me off the island this feeling of regret struck me, and there isn't a day that has gone by that I don't think about it.Ever since I've had 3 jobs, two in 2013, and I've been self employed since January of 2014 in home healthcare. Not that any of that matters.I at least want to set the record straight, I lied to get out, it's haunting me.Is there a way to come clean and get a waiver to serve and give back to the country? I understand that a recruiter might not want to work with me because of the time required for the whole process, and if there is any way to lift a lot or most of the work load off of the recruiter I am willing to do so. If there isn't a way to get in, is there a way for me to make things right or could it bite me in the butt worse?I know you've heard this a million times, thank you for your time.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    2 s00n OLD
    too Late SMART =

you can't UN-Ring a bell-

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You screwed yourself, but good. I wouldn't bet on a waiver over this if I was given the money to wager.

The military, including the Marine Corps, is having enough problems with people actually attempting or successfully committing suicide without bringing someone on board who has threatened to do so and has admitted multiple ideation events.

OK, you lied to get out. Choices have consequences. Now live with the results.

No sympathy here! You wrote the script. Face the facts. You are a loser, and will always be a loser. By the way; the Marine Corps doesn't have "basic training"; it has bootcamp!

ORDO AD CHAO

it doesn't look good at all, one of the things about Bootcamp is they put pressure on you to see if you will crack, (better to have it happen there than in the field), so when you said all those things, you pretty much landed in the DQ pile,

but it never hurts to talk to a recruiter to see what happens, but don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    it doesn't look good at all, one of the things about Bootcamp is they put pressure on you to see if you will crack, (better to have it happen there than in the field), so when you said all those things, you pretty much landed in the DQ pile,

but it never hurts to talk to a recruiter to see what happens, but don't hold your breath.
    I figured so much, thank you!

Ask a recruiter, maybe one will work with you... but you won't find sympathy from many people. People have family members die when they are in Boot Camp, and they still graduate. You left because of your girlfriend. Too bad so sad. The fact that it's been 4 years might work in your favor if you can play the whole maturing card... but honestly guy, this is a recruiter question. Try other branches too, there are plenty of great ways to serve your country.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer3 View Post
    No sympathy here! You wrote the script. Face the facts. You are a loser, and will always be a loser. By the way; the Marine Corps doesn't have "basic training"; it has bootcamp!
    No need for sympathy, I don't welcome it. However, if making the type of income I make currently and being willing to give it up makes me a loser, then label me loser loser! Thank you for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb View Post
    Ask a recruiter, maybe one will work with you... but you won't find sympathy from many people. People have family members die when they are in Boot Camp, and they still graduate. You left because of your girlfriend. Too bad so sad. The fact that it's been 4 years might work in your favor if you can play the whole maturing card... but honestly guy, this is a recruiter question. Try other branches too, there are plenty of great ways to serve your country.

Mike
    You're right, I don't expect sympathy, thank you for your reply.

Tell you what...if you want to give back to your Country, and the people who served and are serving honorably, the seek out and contribute your time and money to some of the many charities and organizations that help and assist veterans, and our military. They are too numerous to list, but two come to mind right off the top of my head, https://www.fisherhouse.org/ and https://www.warriorfoundation.org/

You're not the first, nor last, to throw away life's ambitions over a girl. Marines do it every day, even after earning the title. One even did it over a Russian spy (she had him convinced she loved him) - he is still serving time in Federal prison. So, in that regard, what you did is actually not that unusual and you could be a lot worse off.

My advice is to not waste your's nor a recruiter's time trying to get back in. That ship already sailed without you. Good luck.

You need to see a priest and make your confessions there. The Church is the only place you can seek forgiveness. Pray God doesn't make you pass Go and directly to Hell. You had your chance. No more do-over's.

Not wise to go waving your income around, grow some thicker skin and understand where others are coming from. If you think your special for leaving behind civilian opportunities to serve, think again. I guarantee more Marines than I can count on my two hands make more than you would be leaving behind. It's not about that. You claim to know this. So if you are really so interested in serving, by all means talk to a recruiter, and let us know how it goes. I think you probably deserve a second shot, but I'm generous.

Mike

Well, I'm not generous. You don't deserve a second chance. I also don't believe you were ever in Marine bootcamp. What you are is a wannabee. Others on here can believe what they want.

ORDO AD CHAO

Why would he come on here and say he dropped out of Boot and ask if he can re-up if he never actually was in Boot? A. It makes his question moot. B. Why would you make up such an embarrassing story? I mean I guess it's possible... whether he dropped out for a girl or because he couldn't hack it is another story.

Mike

Thread Information