HELP: In line platoon being sent to S3 anyway to stay in line?
Create Post

HELP: In line platoon being sent to S3 anyway to stay in line?

i recently got back from deployment, i was part of a makeshift platoon, they took us from our original companies. now, after being told i'd return to my original company, they're saying i'm going to work in S3 because "they like the way i think". I have nothing wrong with S3 but i love being an 11, does anyone know of a way to remain in a line platoon? i'm great at my job, being slated to go to AIC in March. plenty of other Marines better then me for the job.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by madsox; 03-03-17 at 01:53 PM. Reason: capitalize Marine

Welcome to the Corps, Marine - you can ask your NCOIC, but if your command (PltSgt, OIC, whoever made the decision) thinks you're better for the S3 section than someone they have now, then guess what?

You just got a new job. I doubt there's much you can do about it unless you've got some contractual guarantee of AIC still to fulfill.

So roll with it, do the best job you can, and maybe the next time there's a chance to shuffle people around you can ask to get moved back.

What's your actual PMOS? That may have something to do with it too.

s/f, Devildog!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You should look at the assignment as a way to see how things work at the battalion level. Great experience. I think it will give you a leg up later should you choose to make the Marine Corps a career.

I had the chance, as a Sergeant, to do some work giving me the opportunity to have frequent contact with the 1stMarDiv CG and Chief of Staff. I mean the, sit-down-have-a-cup-of-coffee, kind of contact. I also spoke daily on the phone with various company and battalion commanders throughout the division. The general was a class act, as was the CoS. It was a real eye opener and quite an education. I assure you, this work appeared on my fitness report too.

Thread Information