Background check interview
Create Post

Question Background check interview

Hello everyone, today I received a phone call from a woman saying that I needed to meet with her to review my security clearance questionare, my recruiter says it's nothing to worry about, but when I asked other friends who are Marines they had no clue what I was talking about, no one I know has ever had to go for an interview regarding there background check or security clearence questionare, if anyone here has, could you please tell me what I am in for or what this could be about, thank you very much.

Similar Threads:

Did you find out who this woman is with? FBI I assume...everyone that goes into today's military gets an FBI background check. Just be straight up 100% honest with her and don't try to hide anything.

The woman I spoke with is a special agent with the background investigations bureau, part of the office of personnel management, she said I just need to sit down with her and go over my security questionare. I'm the kind of guy who gets very nervous especially this close to my ship date, March 13th 2017 so I wasn't to sure what to expect. I did not know if something popped in my background check or if there were other variables I simply couldn't think of, still a little nervous, but not as much as before.

Your recruiter is right - this is a routine matter. Sometimes, the investigator can get what they need over the phone without a personal meeting. For some reason, they need to meet you personally. As long as there is nothing in your background, you have nothing to worry about. You'll want to give your family, pastor, highschool administration, etc a heads-up as the investigator will be talking to them as well. Everyone gets at least a Secret security clearance today which requires a thorough background/police check.

I disclosed everything with my recruiter and went over everything twice with 2 different Staff Sergeants at Meps, at my initial meeting and my 30 day, I was 100% honest with everyone, I may simply be paranoid but this situation has me sweating bullets.

If your MOS requires a TS clearance, then you have to undergo a mandatory interview. If you only require a secret clearance, but there are questions about financial or police issues on your questionnaire that they need additional information about, then that can also result in an interview.

What MOS did you enlist for? And two, have you ever been arrested for any crime or had police involvement you did not disclose?

Believe it or not, most police involvement is documented by a Police officer.

FYI

A secret clearance requires an interview these days, even a 10 year renewal of a secret requires it. They may also contact references and friends listed on your eQIP/SF86. As long as you're honest and didn't knowingly conceal anything, you should be good. Hope it works out for you

My mos is communications, I forgot the abbreviation for that field, and I disclosed every single incident with law enforcement, I will find out on Tuesday what this is all about.

Thread Information