What is.....?
Create Post

Thread: What is.....?

Poolee/DEP Free Member Jprez556's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

What is.....?

Hey all, I just have a few questions on a few MOS'. Can someone please explain what logistics does? I have no clue and try looking it up but what I keep coming to is its kinda like admin. Im primarily interested in, infantry, EOD, field artillery, LAV crewman, maybe scout sniper? (I know its a secondary MOS and you have to be atleast Lcpl) and maybe some COM'S units that patrol with infantry. So if anyone has been in these fields or has any info please drop it below! Thanks

The one word that describes logistics is supply.

Supply is the actual materiel Marines need to do their jobs (beans, bullets, and bandages). Logistics is the system of getting those supplies to where they need to go so they can be used.

Logistics may not be the sexiest MOS, but getting those beans, bullets, and bandaids out to where they are needed is critical to the mission of the Marine Corps.

While that is true, as a fellow 03, I'm sure you can appreciate how much it would have sucked to have wanted to be a grunt and ended up as supply. So to the OP, stick to your top combat arms choices if that is what you want to do.

Mike

lol or you should be an embarker. Hey lets load a ship and now unload the ship. That was nice now lets load it one more time and off load it.

I will say this and I mean it with all sincerity. Logistics does transfer to the civilian world more than my EOD did. I know a guy that I'm in the VFW who now draws a pretty serious wage at Fed X due to his logistics experience in the Marine Corps.

And you can open up your own Army/Navy surplus store when you get out lol.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post

lol
    Or you should be an(embarker). ??Same Same , "Shoreparty "?

Hey lets load a ship
    and now unload the ship.
    That was nice
    now
    lets load it one more time
    and off load it.
    TOP SAYS =
    Logistics is the system of getting those supplies
    to where they need to go
    so they can be used.

I Sez

They're lucky when they can get them supplies
    into the same ocean
    at the same time they are needed....

​Semper Fi redpatchers !!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post

lol
    Or you should be an(embarker). ??Same Same , "Shoreparty "?

Hey lets load a ship
    and now unload the ship.
    That was nice
    now
    lets load it one more time
    and off load it.
    TOP SAYS =
    Logistics is the system of getting those supplies
    to where they need to go
    so they can be used.

I Sez

They're lucky when they can get them supplies
    into the same ocean
    at the same time they are needed....

Semper Fi redpatchers !!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you all, like if you want some background on what I want to do after, Id like to be a police officer, so idk what would really help me in the Marines with that besides MP, but Id like to not be an MP, because many Marines dont like MP's lol, but I also want to be a grunt, but so does the wide majority of poolees now a days, Im not too sure just yet but Ill make up my mind soon lol

As far as being a cop goes, MOS won't matter a ton. I was a grunt, off-hand I know about 15-20 of the guys I served with are cops right now, ranging from local, to state, to Marshall service, park service, and FBI. Even a few lawyers among the bunch. These were all infantry guys, although I know non-grunts who are also cops.

I'd do something in the combat arms field, tanks, tracks, arty, infantry, etc, but that's just me. I was a grunt, so take that for what it's worth.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Sgt. Ill probably do something within the combatant arms field, just its the most appealing to me and because I have decent firearm knowledge for a 16 year old because I always go shooting with my dad, and my cousins, and I worked at a summer camp as a shooting instructor. Thanks for your input!

Thread Information