"No More Black Targets".....
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"No More Black Targets".....

“No More Black Targets” Campaign Launched To Eliminate Black Silhouette Targets At Shooting Ranges

by staffwriter10

Black Targets.jpg·

The No More Black Targets campaign is putting forth efforts to stop the targets that are used at shooting ranges from being black silhouettes, saying that it increases trigger bias.

They say that the all black targets are threatening are lobbying to end the practice.
    “Young black men are 3X more likely to be shot by trained shooters than their white peers,” the group’s website says.

“A disturbing potential correlation: The most popular target for shooters to learn to use their firearm is a black silhouette. Unconscious bias can be deadly.”

The group has filed a petition to end the use of black silhouette targets and plans to call upon the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors.

They argue that a study by University of Illinois researchers that concluded shooters were more likely to fire at a black target and they have associated this to the use of black silhouette targets.

Yara Mekawi, a researcher in the study said, people were “quicker to shoot black targets with a gun relative to white targets with a gun.

And…people were more trigger-happy when shooting black targets compared to shooting white targets.”

Similar petitions have been brought forth. In 2015, a Pennsylvania lawmaker wanted to ban the use of human silhouette targets except for law enforcement use, claiming they propagate violence.

The No More Black Targets petition had 18 signatures as of Feb. 17.

No More Black Targets has designed alternative designs to be used as opposed to the traditional black silhouette targets.

Talk about ABSURD...!!!

Similar Threads:

What a bunch of f'ing idiots ...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, I have had several white and several black people pull a gun or knife on me, I have broke leather on them total shot is 0. And that target is based on a white guy, John Dillinger. The FBI came up with it.

6% of the population are black males committing over 50% of the crime. They should be glad that it's only 3X more likely that they'll be shot. Should be at least 10X.

Are ya'll trying to tell me, if a White man attacks you with a baseball bat, you won't be able to shoot him because he's not black, and because your mind doesn't associate White with violence, because you always used black targets for practice. Someone, somewhere.......is mentally challenged to the edge of insanity.

I guess using this logic on the range we should have used yellow targets back in the day. But, the yellow targets we used in the Nam really weren't yellow because they stood their ground and duked it out with us till we made all those bullseyes.

Oh well, I will have to buy more black spray paint, Semper Fidelis.

No More Black Targets is obviously a racist group with an agenda. They can only have a voice here in liberal America. No other sensible nation would give them the time of day.

Just use one of the tactics from the liberal playbook. When one phrase becomes controversial, change the phrase/name. Just call them high contrast targets.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The only time we ever used that black target, which is once again, based on John Dillinger, was on the OPOTA course, the rest of targets are plain white targets. The new targets are grey. Trying to figure out how a color of a target makes me shoot a black person more then a white person. In almost 24 yrs. I have never shot anyone, came close a few times and it was always a white guy. Never once thought about the target I fired on.

Credits
    Savings
    None of my business maybe but I qualified my first time in 1966 at Edson and I went to the range dozens of times after i came back from Nam in late 67 and I'd swear that the silhouette in fact all the targets were white

I have to put a note on my calendar for today, because after reading this, I realize that as of today, I HAVE HEARD IT ALL. Wow...what a bunch of F'ing bull***t. What will they come up with next??

Credits
    Savings
    No More BLACK TARGETS ?
    is part of the
    "EQUAL RIGHTS FOR INTEGRATED SNOW_FALL" ???

???why is it
    the United States " Congressional Black Caucus "
    only allows Black Democrats to
    join ?

If the targets had a picture of Obama on them; scores would go up.

ORDO AD CHAO

Thread Information