Results 1 to 6 of 6
02-13-17, 11:13 AM #1
Looking for the best PSR out there.
I got out of the USMC in 2014, been regretting it ever since. My only issue with being able to re-enlist is my RE-Code. RE-3E. I did petition BCNR, and I got my result back and they refused to change it but they did say is was waiverable. However, no PSR is even willing to try to apply for a waiver. Is there any PSR who can help? I miss being in, and I am only looking to join back as a reservist. Thank you for your time!
02-13-17, 12:07 PM #2
Where are you located?
02-13-17, 12:09 PM #3
Also, here is a question. Granted it maybe the stupidest thing you've ever heard....if the USMC will not grant a waiver, could I join the army/navy ( i have verified they said they could most likely get the waiver), serve 4 years or so, and then transfer back to the Marines?
02-13-17, 12:10 PM #4
Washington State, but may relocate to San Diego once this hiring freeze is over. But for now, my forseeable future is here in Washington.
02-13-17, 03:17 PM #5
1. You would have to get the waiver to join the Army.
2. The Army may take 2 pay grades from you so you enlist as an E-3.
3. If you don't get in before you are out of the Marine Corps for 3 years, you will go to basic combat training.
4. Then you must make it through the 4-years of active duty.
5. Finally, some time before you were to get out, you would probably come up on assignment. If you failed to re-enlist for said assignment, you
would sign a Declination Statement. That would ensure you would have a DD Form 214 with a re-enlistment code of RE-3O. You would need a waiver to join the Marine Corps.
6. Do you think the Marine Corps will take you after having two DD Form 214s that require a waiver to get in? I cannot predict the future, so who knows what the rules will be.
7. With all that college, especially in Cyber, try the officer route.
02-14-17, 09:42 AM #6
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)