New Marine looking for information
Create Post

New Marine looking for information

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

This may be the wrong place to be posting this question and if it is please forgive me, new Marine and a new user. I'll gladly take my trash elsewhere if i need to. I am looking for more information pertaining to my MOS, 2147, LAV repair tech. I've searched all over using different keywords and phrases but always find the same articles which give little to no insight about what goes on. I guess you could say I'm looking for a little more details. Any information or a simple redirection to a thread that contains useful information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    There are currently 179 users online. 0 members and 179 guests
    Most users online 4,336

Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions

MOS 2147 -- Light Armored Vehicle (LAV) Repairer/Technician

By Rod Powers
    Updated August 13, 2016
    Type of MOS : PMOS

Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt

Job Description: The LAV repairer/technician, under supervision, performs basic automotive duties and tasks incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of the LAV family of vehicles. The LAV repairer/technician also completes basic shop administrative forms and records utilizing technical manuals. At the grades of sergeant and above, the LAV systems technician trains, supervises, and performs various duties and tasks incident to the inspection, maintenance, and repair of automotive and turret systems of the LAV family of vehicles.

The LAV systems technician also prepares, maintains and supervises a shop maintenance and management program, and coordinates maintenance and recovery operations according to grade.

Job Requirements:

(1) Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.

(2) Complete the Light Armored Vehicle Repairman Course.

(3) Qualified class III swimmer.

(4) Complete the LAV Intermediate Repair Course at grade of sergeant and have 24 months or more remaining on active duty upon completion of the course.

(5) Marines completing "B" billets (i.e., drill instructor, recruiting duty, etc.) should re-attend the intermediate course prior to MARFOR assignment.

Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.57, Individual Training Standards.

https://www.thebalance.com/marine-co...ptions-3345398

Never held this MOS, but my brother in law did and he makes huge dollars at Chevy now as a senior tech. That's all I know.

Thread Information