Picking an MOS
Create Post

Thread: Picking an MOS

Picking an MOS

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I'm going to try posting anyways. I'm in the process of enlisting. I should have a time to go to MEPS soon (I have to get a new SSC being as I lost my original) and the initial job I wanted, 0241, is "closed" in my area. My recruiter told me I have somewhat slim choices and I might not get the exact field that I want but he can try his hardest to get me one of my top 5 jobs. Is this common that jobs will be closed and I can't get a slot? My heart isn't set on intel or anything particular I just don't want to get screwed over at all.

Similar Threads:

If you don't want to get screwed over have you considered the air force?

The green weenie is long and broad and reaches every Marine eventually.

i don't mean it in that way. I know the green weenie will screw me tremendously and I expect that. But I don't want to get stuck with avionics because that's the only "job available" because I don't know how any of this works

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    To my knowledge, you can't pick a job. Only a field, but if something is closed at the moment, have you considered waiting? It might not be ideal but at least you'll get your job. If not, then perhaps you should consider going to another branch.

OP posted that in January, probably isn't even around anymore, haven't seen him since then.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    OP posted that in January, probably isn't even around anymore, haven't seen him since then.
    True! Haha, hope everything worked out well for him.

There are a limited number of boat spaces, especially for the technical MOS's.

Thread Information