Mom says Im not mentally ready for Marines
Create Post

Mom says Im not mentally ready for Marines

My entire family is against me going into the Marine Corps, and my mother said im not mentally ready to join or something like that. I personally disagree with her but sometkmea she gets to me by using religion saying God is trying to protect me from something. I need alittle advice here, much appreciated

Similar Threads:

Unless your mother is a mental health professional, I wouldn't take her comment seriously. In fact, I'm inclined to say that's her code for worrying about you. And that's probably comforting to know she loves you, her little boy.

Enough of this prattle. By the time you clasp your hand on your EGA, the Marine Corps will have assessed your mental competency. For sure you are not going to be like Private Joker, "Full Metal Jacket" and shoot your DI before they lock you in a mental ward. What I'm trying to say is, do -- will you have the emotional maturity and commitment to become a Marine? The Marine Corps is not Romper Room. These days the Corps is looking for bright, intelligent, motivated recruits. Gone are the early days when recruiters searched Dempsey dumpsters looking for salvageable humanoids to be Marines. Good luck.

Thats what my recuriter says, that she may not be ready for me to join the toughest branch in the Military. And I have the will to give my all to be a Marine.

Tell her God Loves Marines! They guard the gates of heaven, so tell her to be nice or she won't get through the gates!

ORDO AD CHAO

If you're 18 or older, you can make this decision on your own (you don't need their blessings).

If they haven't already, talk to your recruiter about meeting with your mom. They are trained, and have experience, in these type situations.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by kingjack26 View Post
    My entire family is against me going into the Marine Corps, and my mother said im not mentally ready to join or something like that. I personally disagree with her but sometkmea she gets to me by using religion saying God is trying to protect me from something.
    if you are a Christian, you can have your Mother and Father, plead the Blood of Jesus over you and accept the protection of the Lord God Jesus Christ.. He then, if you accept it or claim it, will watch over you,, as the bible says, if He (Jesus) is for you, who can stand against you..

I need alittle advice here, much appreciated
    through Recruit training, you'll know quick enough about your mental competency...lol..

Make sure you get a USMC tattoo ASAP to test whether or not you are truly ready.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fl1946 View Post
    By the time you clasp your hand on your EGA, the Marine Corps will have assessed your mental competency. For sure you are not going to be like Private Joker, "Full Metal Jacket" and shoot your DI before they lock you in a mental ward.
    fl1946 - Correction, it was Pvt Pyle that shot the DI, not Joker...

You said the same thing 20160802 in your first thread and post.

You never did answer me when I asked from your statement "Why your mother thinks you are immature?"

You are eighteen....sometimes you have to let go of the dress hem and apron strings and stand up for yourself and your personal values.

As the old cliché or saying goes....."Shiat or get off the pot!"

You been there....here....and no where for over 5 months and have not accomplished squat.......

Do something for yourself and stand on your own two legs and feet and man up!

Mothers don't like to send sons or daughters into harms way which is natural.....but using God to fight her battle to make you back down is not the right path to go.

Sound like to me you need to get some intestinal fortitude and some Semper Fi heart.....go to DEP....MEP....boot camp and march across that grinder and give your love to your mother and your heart and life to Uncle Sam!

It's your life. Most of us knew we wanted to be Marines, and weren't going to let anything or anyone stand in our way.
    It's difficult for most parents to see their kids grow up, especially if their child decides to join the military, but it's life. As was already stated, have your recruiter come and speak to her. That's what i did, and although i won't say it alleviated all my mom's worries, she did sign for me when i was 17.

Oooops. I stand to be corrected. Thanks. Happy New Year, y'all.

Thread Information