Mos 3381
Create Post

Thread: Mos 3381

Mos 3381

I am an applicant (almost) poolee in northern VA. I am waiting for my tattoo waiver to be approved prior to swearing in due to the new policy change. I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the 3381 MOS? I love cooking and I mean like new american gourmet cooking and hopefully own my own restaurant one day. I have heard many things about the MOS but it was from years ago posts. I would like to know what the MOS is like nowadays. My other consideration is combat engineer.

thank you

Similar Threads:

Was not a cook but will give you a couple things to consider.

As a 3381, you will be restricted to cooking with USMC prescribed menu cards. USMC menus are based on daily calorie requirements, recommended food groups, etc. There is nothing gourmet about it.

USMC messhalls are ran/operated by civilian contractors today (SODEXO is the major one). 3381's run/operate field kitchens.

Being a 3381 can lead to opportunities in the civilian world. There is a local restaurant here owned by a former Army cook. It's buffet style (feeds large groups just like in the military) and is very popular.

One of the chefs at the White House is a USMC 3381. He was featured on a show on the Food Network about military chefs.

To give you an idea of a USMC menu. Here is a breakfast tray at Parris Island (notice the civilian workers):

Thread Information