Help, parents pressuring me into college. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good luck to you; but I seriously doubt that with your attitude that you won't make it past the recruiter; and if you do; a DI will send you home to mama, where you belong.

ORDO AD CHAO

My attitude?Look, I came here for advice on what to do to get support. Not get told I'm not gonna make it in boot camp because I give a **** about my parents feelings as well. I didn't zay I wasn't going to enlist, I'm asking for advice on speed the process up with my parents. I thought you guys woulld be more helpful but all I'm getting is a **** ton of ******* comments.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjack26 View Post
    My attitude?Look, I came here for advice on what to do to get support. Not get told I'm not gonna make it in boot camp because I give a **** about my parents feelings as well. I didn't zay I wasn't going to enlist, I'm asking for advice on speed the process up with my parents. I thought you guys woulld be more helpful but all I'm getting is a **** ton of ******* comments.
    It's called tough love ,either you do it or go home to Mama and she can tell you what to do.
    Sound like your just the right man to be all the man you can be join the Freaking Army they'll baby you along, we don't need mamas boys..

If you want Sympathy, go look it up it just between chit and suicide..

I don't want nor need any tough love and I ain't joinin no freakin Army. The Marines is where my heart is and that's where I'm goin

You're a little wiseass and I anxiously await your post after you get out early from boot. I and others tried to encourage you in a positive manner and all anyone heard was excuses, and now you wanna get attitude? Good luck kitten you're gonna need it.

There was maybe 1 or 2 positive comments the rest was negative

Check out krenee's post about trying to get back in after a real injury, that's the kind of men that you're up against here.

Look I apologize if I have an attitude and everything. I respect all of you Marines

Our purpose here is not to give everyone support or answers they obviously want to hear (you want us to tell you how misunderstood you are, and despite all the obstacles like no support from your family, you will ultimately find a way to become a Marine). It doesn't work that way. This is not a support page. This is a page where wannabes come and ask us Marines questions based on our varied experiences. Sometimes, we give answers they want to hear, and sometimes we don't. Just because an answer sounds negative, that does not mean it is unsupportive. Life is full of negativity - it's what one does to turn it into a positive.

We will give you the benefit of the doubt because you're a young civilian with no experience in anything and little knowledge of what it's like to be in todays military - let alone the Marine Corps. We do not have to, and will not put up with an attitude. Everyone here has earned the coveted title you seek. They may not tell you what you want to hear, or use the tone you want, but they all deserve your respect.

I apologize deeply

Excellent post Tennessee Top! Spoken as only a Top in the Marine Corps can do...

ORDO AD CHAO

I understand the things that you are saying, and through words you are revealing that you need to get away from shackles of your home life. You can do this through team-based organizations that foster growth and provide challenges and a job/career. Organizations such as colleges, the peace corp, green peace, the air force or the Navy are good places. However, I can tell from what you consider to be obstacles in your life, you are not ready for the Marines. If you are looking to join the Marines to gain respect and to become a man, then you are joining for the wrong reasons. The Marines corp will not be kind to you and you will be miserable. Why because you are not yet ready for it. Not because of your age, but because of your mind. Perhaps someday you will be ready, however; for now do not pursue the Marines - not yet. There is no shame in being wise enough to accept that. Try the other things that I suggested first. The Marines will always be there.

Thread Information