Military career
Create Post

Thread: Military career

Question Military career

Hello, gentlemen.
    What is the best MOS for green card holder to make a military career?
    I always looked at 03xx MOS with an opportunity to become MR (MARSOC), but will it work?
    I'm 21, unfinished bachelor's degree (machine engineer).
    Regards.

Similar Threads:

2161 would allow you to continue in the machinist field if that's a field you would care to continue. As far as being a green card holder I have no idea what that has to do with anything. You will not be treated any differently than any other Marine no matter what your MOS is. As long as you hump your own ruck nobody cares where the hell you came from. PERIOD. As far as making a career of it that is totally up to you. I had no desire to make a career out of it but ended up loving it.

Green card and unfinished degree have no bearing on a military career, MOS, or potential for joining MARSOC.

If you haven't already, you need to go sit down with a recruiter and go over your options (there are no obligations).

Thank you.

>I have no idea what that has to do with anything
    Green Card limits selection of MOS.

Seems pretty strange to me that it would as I have attended many schools requiring security clearances with non citizens. Now according to the Dream Act, the different branches have the ability to set their own standards for enlistments but that in no way has bearing upon MOS selection. I can see and would agree with the increased security checks for security clearances, and in all honesty just man up and go speak with a recruiter. It might help if you completed your profile if you want to be taken seriously.

Thread Information