Chances of getting selected to OCS!!
Create Post

Chances of getting selected to OCS!!

Hello all!!

As a prospective applicant, I was wondering if I would have a good chance at getting selected to OCS?

Here are my stats:

Junior at a private University
    Major: Economics
    GPA: 3.42
    PFT: 287 (20 Pull-Ups, 100 Crunches, 20:02 3-mile run)

Leadership: Student government (Class Senator), former Boy Scout, Cross Country team captain in senior year of high school, played two years of high school basketball, just finished a summer internship at a large investment bank

Volunteer: High School tutor, volunteer at my local parish back home, currently volunteering at a retirement home, and did some volunteer work with the Boy Scouts as well

Good LOR's from my old manager, a CEO, professors, and from my former Scoutmaster

NO Waivers!!

Thank You!

Similar Threads:

Close, but no shot with those stats. Get your GPA up over 3.6 and PFT closer to 295. Too many applicants with your stats and only a few make it. You must stand out above the rest to get selected. Your chances would be better if you were a gay female (transgenders get even more points).

Talk to your local OSO to get a better feel of where you stand against your competition.

Good luck.

I was about to say, "especially not with an NJP on your record" until I realized that your username was just a coincidence.

Stats are fair, keep bumping them. Get in touch with an OSO early to compete for PLC Combined. OCC is the same syllabus and course, but statistically harder to get into due to a larger applicant pool.

Hahaha!! I just realized that. Guess that's what happens when you're from New Jersey. But thank you for your input. Finals are around the corner, so that's a good opportunity for me to boost my GPA. And I just have to continue running to get that highly coveted 18-minute time

Thread Information