MEPS physical question
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Unhappy MEPS physical question

So I took the ASVAB and in about 4 days I have to do my physical I'm a bit nervous and bummed out that I can't do push ups and pull ups and I'm already getting the idea to my head that I won't be able to enlist until I'm able to perform these. Am I given a second chance on the physical to try and pass if the first time I'm unable to because of not being able to do push ups and pull ups? (I'm already practicing my curl ups/Push ups/pulls ups and what not as of now so if I'm given a second chance on the physical I can pass)

Similar Threads:

I'm confused. If you're talking about the physical exam at MEPS, there are no push ups and pull ups involved (they only look at your medical history and perform a medical examination).

Don't know what kind of shape you have to be in to enlist. I can tell you, you cannot ship to bootcamp until you can pass the Initial Strength Test (IST) which consists of push ups/pull ups, crunches, and a 1.5 mile timed run.

Since you took the ASVAB already, that means you are talking to a recruiter. Have your recruiter explain to you how all this works (difference between the MEPS physical and the IST and what is required of you to be able to enlist).

Read the similar threads below your question.

Good luck.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Omg! You literally just answered all my questions with that answer I didn't know that part but now I do thank you!!!! I'll keep that in mind

Thread Information