Horse-Owning Active Duty Marines ?
Create Post

Horse-Owning Active Duty Marines ?

I have a horse, and I want to take him with me (Obviously not to boot, but after all my training). I'm having trouble finding bases with stables besides Pendleton and Lejeune. Anyone have horses and is active duty ? My MOS is intel if that gives away of what base I could be based at.

Similar Threads:

you will go where the Corps wants you, then you will have to find a stable their, I do not believe the Corps will ship your horse and I have not seen any bases with stables on them, I do know that if you go to a base like Quantico, their are or were several stables off base in place like Manassas, and around that area.. but you need to talk with your CO at the place where you will be stationed..

Lejeune has a stable, there's probably an order on if you own a horse and as to whether or nor you are allowed to bring said horse onto the base. Check the pet policy for the installation.

Spent 7 years at Camp Pendleton. I know there is a stable there but never used it so don't know the rules. As Intel, you could go pretty much everywhere, including Okinawa Japan and Hawaii where you obviously could not take your horse. There are also joint intelligence centers (all services) like the one at the US Central Command headquarters at MacDill AFB, Tampa FL.

You may make it to Camp Pendleton or Camp LeJeune, but be assigned to a deployable unit. Meaning, you would deploy for at least 7 months or longer at a time. You would need somebody you could rely on to be responsible for the horse (who does not deploy too).

Lots of variables with no way of knowing till you end up at your permanent duty station (PDS). You obviously need to have a plan for leaving the horse home. If it turns out you can take it, then take it from there (but, you still need to have plans C and D as things change cause they will).

Thanks so much. I've got plenty of backup plans set, especially since the horse is a foal and would just be sent off to his own version of bootcamp to be trained no matter where I am. I'll just have to wait and see it seems.

Twentynine Palms, CA had stables when I was there - check with Special Services on the base. If you can't take yours, at least you can still ride on your off time.

Quote Originally Posted by lexifelix View Post
    Thanks so much. I've got plenty of backup plans set, especially since the horse is a foal and would just be sent off to his own version of bootcamp to be trained no matter where I am. I'll just have to wait and see it seems.

http://www.lejeune.marines.mil/Offic...ked-Questions/

found this from google maybe this will help also..

https://www.google.com/search?q=pet+...orse+Stables++

Thread Information