E-2 during boot camp??????
Create Post

E-2 during boot camp??????

So I was talking with my recruiter the other day about something like if you get two other people to enlist then you get to graduate boot camp as a PFC...(I would call my recruiter but it's kinda 1:03am) also just wanting info from others...ive searched all over the web and can't find anything ...so can you become a PFC just from getting two people to enlist?

Similar Threads:

Dont worry about a promotion you havent even made it to boot camp. Besides the promotion to PFC means nothing would still just be a boot when you get out of recruit training MCT MOS school.

I was happy to graduate boot camp as a meritorious private ...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaAvasquez View Post
    So I was talking with my recruiter the other day about something like if you get two other people to enlist then you get to graduate boot camp as a PFC...(I would call my recruiter but it's kinda 1:03am) also just wanting info from others...ive searched all over the web and can't find anything ...so can you become a PFC just from getting two people to enlist?
    Yes you can get PFC out of boot camp if you have two referrals that join. Make sure that you get it in your contract too. Good luck, when do you ship?

Quote Originally Posted by devilbones2 View Post
    Yes you can get PFC out of boot camp if you have two referrals that join. Make sure that you get it in your contract too. Good luck, when do you ship?

I ship in February!

Plenty of time to get those two enlistments.

Times have changed.....

In 1969, when I enlisted at 17, I went in on the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) that lasted up to 120 days. At the time, a Marine was promoted automatically to PFC 6 months after the initial enlistment. I was one of the six that got a promotion on graduation from boot (I was a squad leader or guide for 7 of the 8 weeks of boot) and was one of only 4 or 5 that qualified on the range (our qualification day was the day Hurricane Gerda was offshore of PI, sustained crosswinds of 25MPH and gusts made floating one into the bullseye more luck than skill or sight dope).

Anyway, I made Lance Corporal out of MCRD PI. Good thing, too. It was the only promotion I got for 3 years service. 5.0/4.0 pro/cons (I was very proficient, but I had a "bad attitude"). No Page 11s, no NJPs that stuck (I got the GCM on ETS). I was told I was going to make E-4 4 months before I ETSed, but I had to re-up to get the stripe. I found it was MUCH easier to get rank in the Army, but that's another story.

Bottom line: If you work your ass off, you will get promoted in due course, provided you stay out of trouble and get decent unit assignments/MOS/Duty stations. Going to a hot spot where there is high attrition also works, from my observation. I was in the rear with the gear, and the stripes went to the guys on the pointy end of the stick. That was fine with me. Just don't get hung up on getting easy promotions. The first couple stripes are easy. The rest you get to work for.

Good luck to you in your career. And DO get a couple others to try to qualify to be Marines. It will be the best investment of your lives.

One piece of advice: Make sure any promise of promotion is in WRITING on your contract and that there are no "qualifiers" (such as the two you recruit have to graduate from Boot Camp as Marines). Any verbal promise of promotion is NON-BINDING. Just keep your head on a swivel and your eyes on the prize: Graduate Boot Camp as a Marine. The rest is icing on the cake.

[Edit] I should add that my experience is over 45 years ago. The rules have changed.

Last edited by Haddock; 10-21-16 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Clarification of how long ago my experience was

Yes, contract PFC is possible. But, like others have said, if it's not written in your contract, it won't happen.

You can also make PFC out of bootcamp by being your platoon's honorman (higher scores than everybody else).

Thread Information