Will I be kept out of the Marines for my political views?
Create Post

Will I be kept out of the Marines for my political views?

I remember there was a man turned down for having a Confederate Flag tattoo and another for being seen at a Trump rally(I understand he was acting inappropriately but still}. Now I am not a redneck or a racist nor do I like Trump very much but I do consider myself an Alex Jones type Conservative and am quite active on Facebook. I also know that I can't post like that in the military, but will I be kept out because of it?

Similar Threads:

I meant to post this in the recruit forum, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Everyone is entitled to believe in what they want, that is given to them in The Bill of Rights of the American Constitution.

However, if in the Marine Corps, you are bound by The Uniform Code of Military Justice.

If, as stated in your profile that you read and study, then do not bother asking for clarification, read up on the subject...

In laymens terms, you can believe what you want, but must adhere to the rules and regulations of the Military while serving...

And, I don't think this belonged in the Recruit Forum...!!!

One question.......what is wrong with being a redneck. Most Rednecks are more patriotic than any other group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    One question.......what is wrong with being a redneck. Most Rednecks are more patriotic than any other group of people.
    I agree, I just mean I don't hunt, fish, or camp often.

Quote Originally Posted by kepiblanc5 View Post
    I agree, I just mean I don't hunt, fish, or camp often.
    Neither do most Marines....!!!!

If you become a grunt, you will do a lot of camping ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    I've even heard that some of those new MRE's come with ready to melt "S'mores" and "Hotdogs"...!!!

Just sit around that campfire....

Lol come on, I like camping, I'm a reenactor so I do it every couple months, it's just not the same as regular camping.

I know what you mean. Regular camping is cooking insects that fall into the skillet along with the bacon. Sitting around the campfire swapping the bugs eating you using leaves for toilet paper. Don't forget making coffee out of creek or lake water. And walking around smelling like burning wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I know what you mean. Regular camping is cooking insects that fall into the skillet along with the bacon. Sitting around the campfire swapping the bugs eating you using leaves for toilet paper. Don't forget making coffee out of creek or lake water. And walking around smelling like burning wood.
    ahhh yes the good ol' days of Jungle survival training, then later in that same year, arctic training, then desert training,,, just another grand and glorious day in Spec. Opps.,,,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    If you become a grunt you'll also do a lot of hunting as well. Boo Koo VC

Thread Information