I am east of Mississippi and recruiter is west (Bootcamp)
Create Post

I am east of Mississippi and recruiter is west (Bootcamp)

I heard that being east/west of the Mississippi river determines if your go to Parris Island or San Diego. I live less than 5 miles to the river, and my recruiter is across the river to the west. Will I go to Parris Island (East) or San Diego (West)? (Recruiting office is west of river)

Similar Threads:

That is normally the rule (to save the Government transportation costs). There are exceptions. I enlisted in Ohio, and they gave us the choice. So, I went to San Diego.

You'll have to ask your recruiter. There are no recruiters here.

Good luck.

Who cares? Whether you go to Parris Island or San Diego its going to suck, going to MCRD in general is your only concern at this point. Can't see the forest for the trees.

If it means anything. You will not be seeing any of these hard chargers in San Diego.

Much better weather in San Diego this time of year.....I concur with the above post, Concentrate...it is what it is.

You may get a choice. Ask your recruiter.

Yean, always heard that East of the Mississippi BS but it's not accurate. It's by Recruiting District. 8th, 9th and 12th go to San Diego. 1st, 4th & 6TH go to PI. There may be exceptions to that (ask your recruiter) but that is the general rule. Look it up. Google is your friend.

Thread Information