Is "Hollywood Marine" a compliment, an insult, or does it depend on who says it? - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Keg, you know as well as I that PI Marines have to talk about it.....else no one would even know it existed. They all whine about them sand fleas like they were rattle snakes. You can hear 'em......help me, please help me, Sand fleas are jumping on me......give me a break for Gods sake. Bunch of damn babies. All they do is lie and the others swear it's true. I had many PI marines thank me in Nam for showing them what a real Marine is made of. Keg, you know us SD Marines didn't have time to play footsie with the local women, we had a war to fight.

Boot camp MCRD Aug 61 right by the airport runway, we were on the wrong side of the fence, sometimes a plane would taxi close enough you could see people through their windows. After several weeks into training there were times we wished we were on one of those planes. Did have several go over the fence but most were caught though. A lot of memories for an old guy. Good post.

Billy (Mongoose), many of us PI Marines volunteered to then go to SD for real boot camp, but they told us it was too late. We wanted to be REAL Marines, but they told us PI would just have to do, sorry.

not really that much difference, since the Corps "protects" both the sand fleas at PI and the rattlesnakes at SD... the penalty for killing either one is usually extracted from the entire platoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin Jeffries View Post

Boot camp MCRD SD Aug 61 right by the airport runway,
    we were on the wrong side of the fence,
    sometimes a plane would taxi close enough
    & you could see people through their windows.

After several weeks into training
    there were times we wished we were on one of those planes.

Did have several go over the fence
    but most were caught though.

A lot of memories for an old guy. Good post.
    Melvin -
    SanDiego must have been awful constraining
    for you Hollywood RECRUITS with those fences....
    must have made it difficult for you to go UA
    with out having to go over or under one ???

WE MCRD PI recruits on the other hand
    had no need for fences -

We had Open boarders
    and only ONE GATE

Shhhhhhhhh, ED!!! those "open borders" you mention sound like a plug for the Hildabeast, when we all know that those ALLIGATOR PATROLS are better than ANY fence.... and that comes from another "Hollywood Marine"... just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Keg, you know us SD Marines didn't have time to play footsie with the local women, we had a war to fight.
    The above quote is evidence of Billy sinking to a new low level by making a direct attack on me, his brother. Just because all the ladies, throughout the world wherever I was, called me #1 should never be labeled simply as "playing footsie" as I can assure you all that there was always much more content involved. After all, as a PI Marine I was a life taker and a heart breaker. I was/am a lover not a fighter.

I'm sorry Russ......I wasn't trying to discriminate against you by saying footsie..... I was merely being nice in describing your adventure.....after all you yourself told me you liked to suck on women's toes.

yeah, but it wasn't "those" toes that I was meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatniece View Post
    Marines are the best
    At least one person posting in this thread is friends with the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryd6818 View Post
    At least one person posting in this thread is friends with the truth.
    true, the rest of us are MARINES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    +10

Thread Information