Is "Hollywood Marine" a compliment, an insult, or does it depend on who says it? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    How hard can the training be at Parris Island? They chose to train the Women Marines there rather than San Diego ...

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    Billy, San Diego Marines always feel compelled to defend themselves. Parris Island Marines KNOW which boot camp was tougher, they have no need to prove this and prove that. Just the sunglasses and suntan lotion speak for themselves.
    Well air force Dave we know that air force training you had was much harder than PI, did you train with air force girls too, lmfao, Semper Fidelis?

I "trained" with an Air Force girl once at a hotel just outside of Fort Leonard Wood. It was definitely good training. We were both sweaty and breathing hard when we finished.

Did you lay down and let her blow you up?

It's all a little hazy...was a long time ago. But yeah, I do believe there was an explosion of some sort. She made mention of it as well. Must've been scared, poor thing. Begged me not to leave her. Told me the explosion rocked her world and that she'd never felt anything like that. She was a smart one too, being an air woman and all. Used a bunch of big words like "enormous", "magnificent", and "powerful".

Funny thing was when she said she thought all Marines were the same. Said she'd been stationed on the west coast previously and had "trained" with Marines often there, but she'd never experienced anything like what I showed her. I just explained to her that not all Marines are created equal, and that the ones born on the left coast are sometimes a little lighter in the loafers and much less impressive than their swamp born, fire ant and sand flea scarred brethren from the east. She seemed to understand and accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    It's all a little hazy...was a long time ago. But yeah, I do believe there was an explosion of some sort. She made mention of it as well. Must've been scared, poor thing. Begged me not to leave her. Told me the explosion rocked her world and that she'd never felt anything like that. She was a smart one too, being an air woman and all. Used a bunch of big words like "enormous", "magnificent", and "powerful".

Funny thing was when she said she thought all Marines were the same. Said she'd been stationed on the west coast previously and had "trained" with Marines often there, but she'd never experienced anything like what I showed her. I just explained to her that not all Marines are created equal, and that the ones born on the left coast are sometimes a little lighter in the loafers and much less impressive than their swamp born, fire ant and sand flea scarred brethren from the east. She seemed to understand and accept that.
    Wonderful TRUE story Silver, I've had many of the same experiences. Thanks for your accurate insight.

Finally, someone on this forum telling the truth.

You're both welcome. Happy to be of service.

No comment on Ronnie's USAF comment, as I went in 12 years after the Corps with a direct commission, skipped all the OCS stuff, thankfully.

This is hysterical. Somehow this kind of detail hasn't made it into the official USMC training materials and memoirs that I've been reading

No, those details never make it into official stuff. LOL----remember you heard it here first! This was a very good thread you started, though.

And, if you glean nothing else from threads like this, at least be advised that silverado tells true stories.

Stories being the operative word ...

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    No, those details never make it into official stuff. LOL----remember you heard it here first! This was a very good thread you started, though.
    I have learned so much. Love this site. What an honor to be included as a non-Marine. I'm trying to write a screenplay based on my great uncle's life, hence my questions will probably seem random, super detailed, and clearly from someone who is not a Marine.

Marines are the best <3 <3 <3

Thread Information