Is "Hollywood Marine" a compliment, an insult, or does it depend on who says it? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It seems a little funny to me that all the SD Marines constantly say the training is the same, but us PI Marines have always been know as the "Real" Marines.

Besides, when the public thinks of MC boot camp, it's PI that they think of. Sorry Hollywood.

PI is where the girls train,lmao,Semper Fidelis.

PI is where you can tell the men from the girls.

I never found it insulting, SD or PI the only term that means anything is.... Marine.

Hollywood Marine ?????
    like finishing second in a two man race ?????

LOL Ed. Hollywood Marines get an Oscar along with their EGA's.

Marine Family Free Member 2 Marine Mom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok, you guys, no derogatory remarks about the lady marines!! my daughter is a lady marine.. out of pleasure island, and I'm sure she would tell you, it was no pleasure.. I also have a Hollywood marine.. iv never seen the 2 of them give each other crap about where they went to boot.. My oldest son, is the S.D. marine, she was just a baby, when he went threw. brought her and his little brother both marine uniforms.. guess it stuck.. 2 marine mom

PI Marines had barracks with heat in the Winter and Air in the summer. They had it made. While we were in little metal buildings with no heat or air. we had all those big hills to hump while they skated along without even getting winded. They whine about sand fleas......hell's fire....give us a break. A little insect kicked your ass. I wouldn't tell anyone. We all know PI is the Corps way of apologizing for putting SD Marines through living hell. All the war movies about Marines is centered around boot-camp at SD. You never hear PI mentioned. As I said it's sort of a sweep behind the door place. I do in fact feel envious, as we had it really tough at SD. We taught them what they needed to know in Nam. First thing we made them do was throw away their graduation tickets to Disneyland.

Yesterday, 05:15 PM #38 Mongoose ......You bunch of lucky silly $hits who lucked outdoing boot on NambyPamby MCRDSD (Land of Whispering Bushes)what you dumbies that had the luxury to squirrel away in quanset hutswhere it took 5 drill instructors to keep eyeballs and listening poststo keep you "Wannabe recruits" from sleeping 2 to a bunk...MEANWHILEon parris island, there was air conditioning supposedlyin the new brick buildings they were to build in the future.but like everything else in the LOGICAL MarineCorps-when it was cold and they didn't have fuel for heatEXERCISE- - "Dig-it"

Ed, you sound like a Democrat, trying to convince people with common sense, to believe bull****. But it won't change the Truth, brother. PI was a cake walk compared to MCRDSD.

Billy, San Diego Marines always feel compelled to defend themselves. Parris Island Marines KNOW which boot camp was tougher, they have no need to prove this and prove that. Just the sunglasses and suntan lotion speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    Billy, San Diego Marines always feel compelled to defend themselves. Parris Island Marines KNOW which boot camp was tougher, they have no need to prove this and prove that. Just the sunglasses and suntan lotion speak for themselves.
    Well said

Going back to the very first post, I can't think of a single time I heard it meant as an insult. Not once. Just kidding around. It's the same training schedule. Of course, PI trains harder, is all.

Russ, we never got issued those things. At San Diego one platoon had to cut their time at the rifle range because there wasn't enough room for their rifles because of that extra SD gear they issue.

I feel sorry for the misguided PI Marines.

Thread Information