Is "Hollywood Marine" a compliment, an insult, or does it depend on who says it? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Hollywood Marine. Always thought going to bootcamp in Southern California was a lot more glamorous than some gator-infested, sand flea-bitten, island in South Carolina!

At MCRD SD, in 67.....PI was referred to as Disneyland. All in fun.

Aww, I think there were some guys who were serious. They were just jealous of the sunglasses, sun screen, surf boards and the steak & lobster for supper every Sunday.

Term of endearment given by Marines who wish they went through boot camp in San Diego. Name:  wink.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  8.0 KB

When civilians arrive at Marine Corps Boot Camp they all are trained by the same Training Schedule and SOP for Recruits. Does not make any difference whether they are in Pleasure Island or San Diego. If a Drill Instructor decides to change the Training Schedule, said Drill Instructor can end up in deep do-do.

WOW, steak & lobster for supper every Sunday. I just might have to go back ! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mexbearlll View Post
    wow, steak & lobster for supper every sunday. I just might have to go back ! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    I am a Hollywood Marine. Always thought going to bootcamp in Southern California was a lot more glamorous than some gator-infested, sand flea-bitten, island in South Carolina!
    This is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Term of endearment given by Marines who wish they went through boot camp in San Diego.
    Youre right Hollywood, all of us PI Marines are just jealous of the hours you guys were forced to spend working on your tans and styling your hair. Bunch of fruits and nuts out there in Cali!

Oakleys are issued...!!!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Isn't PI where they teach the girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Deduke View Post
    Isn't PI where they teach the girls?
    Yes, the infamous "4th Battalion"....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    Youre right Hollywood, all of us PI Marines are just jealous of the hours you guys were forced to spend working on your tans and styling your hair. Bunch of fruits and nuts out there in Cali!
    Ahhh....thanks for reminding me....the good 'ole days in boot.
    Don't forget our USMC sunglasses.....wearing those M1A4 Optical Orb Filters made me feel like a real Marine.

Hope all are doing well....carry on.

Ahh, there we go. That's one of the things I think I miss the most about the Corps. All that no holds barred, clever repartee. I guess, especially when it got personal, it helped you grow a thick skin and God knows sometimes you needed that.

Hollywood Marine? When a Marine Reserve Battalion can recruit L.L. Cool to be

headliner at Marine Corps Birthday, that's Hollywood. Or, stars to join our festivities. Even General "Mad Dog" Mattis stopped by! That's Hollywood.

Hollywood Marine. I'm proud to be. PI and SD training the same. Only our weapons have glitter on 'em.

S/F

Thread Information