Explain your Screen Name.....
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Explain your Screen Name.....

On some other website I am associated with there is this thread...always been fun to see how innovative some are.

I'll start

Gunny068.....comes from two sources

Gunny..... while we know what that is, mine is Different, here's how.

My Dad was a Gunny...while in Korea, I was born..thus being the oldest, they always called me Lil Gunny, over the years it changed to just Gunny..we had a lot of fun with this while I was in....I got out as a Sgt.

068.....Retired from Costco, my store number

Similar Threads:

Squad Leader Platinum Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Zulu 3-6 was my tactical call sign in the Air National Guard Security Police.

Zulu was the squadron call, 3 was 3rd Flight (platoon), and 6 because I was the boss (we had no officer). I used that call sign for at least 10-years until I retired.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Mine, when I first came on, everyone thought that it was a boyscout thing, it isnt. Troop because I am a Trooper, 901 is my unit number, actually its 0901 but I shortened it so sue me lol.

Silverado because I had a bad ass Silverado pickup that I wish I had kept during the time that I started joining and participating in forums online. Mick was my nickname in the Corps, not because my last name starts with Mc, but because I am of Irish decent and I enjoyed drinking and fighting like the stereotypical Mick. Plus the names "red" and "freckles" we're already taken in my platoon.

Tennessee: I live there

Top: I retired as one

Simple.

mexbearlll = because I like BEARS and My Daughter found out there use to be Mexican Grizzly Bears. So that's what She set Me up as. And I'm also the lll Dario in the Family. But now there is a IV and a V ,Dario now. S/F

I'm too young
    and was too late
    to have been

19O3a3-Ed

Mongoose.....Mongoose was a call sign our Platoon used when we were assigned to LP at night. It was actually Mongoose 31. Mongoose was Kilo co. 3rd platoon, 1st squad. It was used to get back into our perimeter at night

In my squad I was called #1 (for obvious reasons), most of the time though they just called me "One." So that's how I became advanced, it's a takeoff on #1.

Credits
    Savings
    Rvn call sign
    Also reterances ethinticy (couldn't get away with that nowadays !)

MunkyVsRobot Man VS Machine its also a song my friends uncle sings.

Self Explanatory:

(FO) Phonetic Alphabet or "FoxtrotOscar" = Forward Observer...

I spent some time as an FO for 81mm Mortars and calling in "CAS" Fixed Wing Air before the Marines put FAC's with Grunt Bn's...

Mapping skills are extremely essential...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    Self Explanatory:

(FO) Phonetic Alphabet or "FoxtrotOscar" = Forward Observer...

I spent some time as an FO for 81mm Mortars and calling in "CAS" Fixed Wing Air before the Marines put FAC's with Grunt Bn's...

Mapping skills are extremely essential...!!!
    I would have guessed it stood for an attitude.

jerryd6818 -- Jerry = nickname, D = first letter of my last name, 6818 = has sexual connotations (sound it out)

Excellent thread.

2571 was my MOS---"Special Radio Operator" (Morse Code Intercept Operator), now it's 2621.

Thread Information