Coffee Talk - Page 9
Create Post
Page 9 of 180 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee Talk

Today was a 5-star day weatherwise ... 81 and sunny, low humidity ...

^^^was in Jacksonville couple years ago to visit my LCpl Niece at CLNC (my very first duty station in 72). Most of it looked the same specially around Bldg 1 where I worked as an admin clerk for the AC/Staff Utilities. Town had changed a lot but was surprised to see Saigon Sams still going strong after all these years. Was neat seeing the old stomping grounds.

No chance of getting back to OKI. But, would like to see CAMPEN and Quantico again some day.

When did you work in Bldg 1? I've been working there for the past 20 years.

I've been working in Bldg 1 for the past 20 years ...

Hello Marines-Good Morning-Been a while.Hope Everyone is well.Me,I'm fine and dandy.Don't know where to post anymore,so I came here.Years ago I had plenty to say-now I vent on facebook.My brother,he is fine also.Never found out what caused his internal bleed.I'll tell you one thing-if ever you have a choice,in case you cant see a real Physician,of getting a PA or a Nurse Practitioner.Take the Nurse Practitioner for God's sake.Iv'e run into some bad PA's lately.I know the ones that work with Cardiologists are very good.Anyway No-Fan of Hilary or her husband-not really up on Politics lately.I would not want Trump to Nuke anything.We are being Bombarded by Radioactive water from Fuc-ed-Up Shema,which may be a World Destroying Event.Everyday it gets Worse and Worse.Not Being Contained at All.There is a News Blackout from there.Nothing can be Done.They don't have the Science to deal with it.That's the way it is.It's like the Strain on FX-the show sucks-but I keep watching it;hoping it might get better.Still working at the DAV-doing my best to Help Vets.It's not all Roses but I really try.Now,I hear the DI's in Boot Camp,are going to lower their Magget Torture of Marines.Iv'e heard stories of Marine Boot Camp-where DI's would strike you at full force with their fists and anything they could find to hurt you.Marines want it the way it was,not PUSS*** Down.I don't know I had a hard time getting out of Navy Boot Camp.Hated the Navy ever Since.So call me a Marine Corps Lover and that's whom I'm Loyal to.WOOF WOOF.If you all get a chance listen to Infowars.com. Yeah their Nutrients are Expensive.I have my own Vitamin mix.Never the less-looks like what he says is All True.We are living in a Country that has been taken over internally without a shot being fired.Mike Savage's words not mine.November is coming.I hope to be back on Leatherneck before then-yuk,yuk.Be Safe YA-OL-We have a Beautiful Flag-Freedom is Everything! Semper Fi Forever and God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    When did you work in Bldg 1? I've been working there for the past 20 years.
    1972-1973. Was on the color detail and also played on the HqBn softball team (we won the Base Championship in 1973). Enjoyed my time there as a lowly PFC and LCpl. Made some great friends. Left for MSG school shortly after picking up meritorious LCpl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    1972-1973. Was on the color detail and also played on the HqBn softball team (we won the Base Championship in 1973). Enjoyed my time there as a lowly PFC and LCpl. Made some great friends. Left for MSG school shortly after picking up meritorious LCpl.
    That was before my time, but it has undergone many renovations on the inside over the past 10 years. The current occupants besides the general and his staff are the G-1, G-3, G-4, SJA, and MCCS headquarters staff.

Doc, you still kicking around? Come on back, we're getting things back in shape here (or trying to). Your presence is definitely missed!

Anyway, my weather report would be the same griping I've done for the last couple months, so I won't. I did have a boot camp flashback the other day though, I was in the shower (downstairs - an interior room, no windows, etc.) when the power went off and on a couple times. So of course the lights went out, I had this memory of one zero-dark-thirty "sheet/shower/shave/getthehellonline" morning when our duty DI for the day decided to kill the lights in the rain room and start counting down "10! 9! 7! ..."

That was just A's and E's everywhere, a shower full of wet recruits panicking to get done, get out, and get online before the count hit zero, which, of course, we didn't.

To the pit we went, wet and half of us in our skivvies. Ah, the fun!

Not sure why I remember that one...

Cut the grass today ...

Attached Images Attached Images

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm stranded in San Diego as my contact fell through. Still in my wheelchair I came via Amtrak for a Conference that starts Monday. Meanwhile I sleep in park bench outside train station. Maybe if I head over to MCRD and stand on myf&$yellowfootprintsforhalfaheartbeat I'll have pleasant memories. Looking for a good place to eat near downtown

Cooking a beer can chicken this afternoon ...

Attached Images Attached Images

That's a good way to get even heat for that bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Cooking a beer can chicken this afternoon ...
    I keep hearing about that, it actually makes sense with the picture. But it's hard to do with a non-meat diet, so I usually just drink the beer while I grill some veggies and fish and such.

Get a big enough bass or something, though, it might work with fish. Mostly I'll stick with drinking the beer!

Quote Originally Posted by thegimprider View Post
    I'm stranded in San Diego as my contact fell through. Still in my wheelchair I came via Amtrak for a Conference that starts Monday. Meanwhile I sleep in park bench outside train station. Maybe if I head over to MCRD and stand on myf&$yellowfootprintsforhalfaheartbeat I'll have pleasant memories. Looking for a good place to eat near downtown
    Hey, you doing alright out there, brother? Reach out and give a yell if we can hook ya up, there's enough of us out here...

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Went by VA hospital and they were worthless. Slept in a cactus garden in old town on the dirt. Weather ain't to bad but I'm downloading some geezer pain.

Thread Information