Coffee Talk - Page 10
Create Post
Page 10 of 180 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee Talk

So here I am in Vegas all week (most of it, anyway) and what am I doing? Studying. Prep for certification at the work conference I'm at, listening to some old guy cough up a lung in the room next to mine - yeah, this is the wild life.

When did I get old and serious? Dammit.

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm back from San Diego and a stop at SF VA where I lost my luggage at Hoptel. Went back today on shuttle to find it at Lost and Found only missing pain pills. Codeine tax must be enforced I guess. Tired and hitting the bottle as I've still got a few weeks before refill of controlled med. It seems I hurt more when I don't have any back up. Just for the record I do not recommend homelessness for anyone in a wheelchair. It does not faze me when I can walk as I've lived for years that way.

The Annual Seafood Festival in Morehead City, NC is this weekend ...

Seafood Festival Morehead City NC.jpg

3 Days ago had some time and took a look at the Battlefield of Custer... Little Bighorn.. Quite interesting, nothing like what has been portrayed on the tube..

Custer2.jpgcuster3.jpg custer5.jpg

One thing that is true.....he separated his unit, and then didn't wait until they were in position before he attacked. Also, he didn't anticipate the Indians having so many rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    One thing that is true.....he separated his unit, and then didn't wait until they were in position before he attacked. Also, he didn't anticipate the Indians having so many rifles.
    That's absolutely correct Mongoose.. The site shows that all to well by the grave markers, no hiding that fact..

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He also came in firing, his first targets were women on a riverside. They intended to massacre so massacred is what they got. The Sioux wrote a very clear history that white men did not like in their schools so we grow up with a fairy tale

A three-day weekend and a hurricane has to come along and ruin it.

Hello Marines-Hope your all Kicking and Well.I have been very busy.This DAV-job I volunteered for is more like a job.Two days is turning into three days with committees to negotiate.Tons of stuff to do sometimes I don't get home to 19:30.Really tough stuff-so I may not get here to often.To the Gimprider-you have to fix that homeless thing.Go to any VA Hospital or Veterans Outreach place and report this if you have not.They are supposed to help you;or so I'm being taught.This computer's operating boot up-got damaged and the hard drive also.Had to buy a new Windows 10 home edition.No longer free and this one has bugs also.Las Vegas Madsox-that's Cool.Actually I couldn't wait to leave Vagas when I was there.My cousin Loves Vagas-not me.How do you Find it Andy ? I'm addicted to NY-I just feel more comfortable here . I did like the Tram Train.Could not find a little Elvis statue to take home.Some of the places to gamble need more air to be pumped in.Gotta Go-need some food.Yeah just got off a conference call with the Board of the DAV.-That's when I decided to say Hello.Terrible people running for President-but atleast Trump won't make War with Russia.With Killary it"s the end of America-but the Stock Market won't Plunge.She speaks well because she has been at it for a long time,Politician,Lawyer; I can't vote for her.I would like to see Trump -let the Truth be told about certain things.You know how it works-they sit you down in a office-tell you "THEY" are in charge-if you don't Obey-you will be Terminated. President Carter kinda hinted at this. Just a Rumor-who knows.I would not want that job.Not really liking Trump either.So-Thank God this Country is still Free-and supposedly-Every Vote counts ! We will see.Take Care Marines-Go to the Range-SEMPER FI FOREVER and God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    There were times when I was surprised that the Indians had so many rifles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    Okay, now were talking, me and Sam Elliot are the same age and height.. not only that we grew up about 100 miles apart...

Of course he has more money than I...

Sam Elliot is three days older than me and we're the same height. His mustache is better than mine and I wear glasses but other than that we're twins.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryd6818 View Post
    Sam Elliot is three days older than me and we're the same height. His mustache is better than mine and I wear glasses but other than that we're twins.
    Awesome...!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just for the Record on this HoMo thingy I've never seen any straight Marine bully a Homo or F**K w/them in any way had a Queer E6 across the pond didn't really give a F**k as long as he stayed away from me with the Flith and did his Job,just keep it too yourself I've got a Bi Daughter disappointed yes I am but I'll always Love her unconditionally just as I do the USMC have a great Sunday and too All You Marines across the Pond GodBless You and come home soon Go Easy Adios S/F

Doc, I was up in your town this weekend - my daughter and her new husband had a little soiree in Manhattan, turns out he's from the Old Money crowd so us rednecks got to come in and say "YEPPERS, THAT THERE's MAH LITTLE GIRL!" 8-)

IMG_4995.jpg

So a full Hunter's Moon coming up over the Empire State? With what turned out to be pretty nice people, mostly (a few snobby b4stards, but mostly good) on a rooftop bar down in Chelsea, well. Yeah, I like this new one a LOT more than husband #1 who she's much better off without.

Wore a little US/USMC flag pin and got lots of chances to tell them about it. Next time I have a chance to get up there I'll warn Doc and anybody else, and take an extra day to meet and share sea stories.

So that's why i've been kinda UA for a few days here. I'm back on deck now though.

s/f!

Thread Information