Coffee Talk - Page 12
Create Post
Page 12 of 180 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee Talk

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, I finally made it into the grandfather ranks. #1 daughter had a little girl, Abigail, on Tuesday, 10/18. 19" long and 7lb, 10oz. She didn't look a bit like Winston Churchill either. She has a very pretty, round face.

Before she was 12-hours old, her parents saw her flipping from her back onto her side. I saw her do it today and she did it effortlessly. She'll be climbing out of the crib at three-months if they're not careful. She has a large range of facial expressions and likes to smile a lot. Cries very little, mostly when getting her diaper changed as she doesn't seem to like that.

#1 daughter is doing very well herself and is very happy with her baby, as am I.

Congrats to You and Your Daughter. I can still remember having My first one, I'm now waiting on #8. Seems once My kids started they couldn't stop. LOL S/F

Great news, Chris - congratulations to your daughter and to you too! It does sound like that little one is going to be a handful, moving around like that from the git-go? Oh yeah, she's off to a high energy start!

Enjoy, like I needed to tell you that 8-)

s/f

Alright, time to stick my head back in here and poke the sleeping beauties with a stick. My New Year's resolution, starting early here, is to keep active with Marines and our friends and families.

So how was everybody's Christmas (or first couple nights of Chanukah)? We've got both mixed in our family, so we have to make the rounds. Makes for a lot of eating - I love holidays that include food. So much food...

And since we can't have snow this year, I'm okay with the 50-60 degree weather, it means I can get out to the range a few times and not freeze my tailbone off!

Anybody still check in here? Give a holler!

s/f

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Christmas went well for my family. We had a nice gathering at the Ex's house, great dinner, and gifts were enjoyed by all. One of my daughters commented that it was the best Christmas we've had in years. I agree.

Quick update on my grand-daughter. She's 9-weeks old now, 12lbs, 23-inches, keeps her head up on her own (and has for several weeks), diaper change time has turned into a happy and playful time for her. She tries very hard to sit up on her own and to crawl. The only drawback is she doesn't like to drink from a bottle, even with her mother's milk in it. Makes babysitting a bit of a chore. But I'm getting an ounce or two into her now. One step at a time.

Hope everyone else had a good holiday season.

Hello squad bay new to this section and just found it..
    Just want wish a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year that's tomorrow night.
    Was sidelined this past week had a slip and fall and tore my left growing out, OUCH..
    Anyway congratulations Zulu on your Grand Baby girl. They are so precious and god way to get to grand pa's heart..
    May she grow up strong in your heart and for her ..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats Zulu, you are going to have to give me advice on this grandpa thing. Aint ready for it but its gonna happen. Right now I am still hovering over whether to DROP or just retire at the end of 2018.

Good end of the year morning to all today..
    It's 26° and light winds from the north about 8 mph..
    High today around 36°..
    Just wanted to take the time to wish everyone a Happy New Year..

Alright, a few more popping up - I'm hoping to join the Grandpa club next year or so, we'll see. Right now (being too damn close to DC) I'm waiting for the change-of-regime festivities in a few weeks. Took the last week off for a good rest, and I slept more than I have in months!

So it's been a slow, pretty boring winter so far. Boring is okay some times.

Have a good New Year's Eve, all!

s/f

Quote Originally Posted by troop901 View Post
    Congrats Zulu, you are going to have to give me advice on this grandpa thing. Aint ready for it but its gonna happen. Right now I am still hovering over whether to DROP or just retire at the end of 2018.
    Hey, Troop! Good to see you in here. You may have explained before, but what does DROP do for you? I know you’ve been getting more and more stupid sh!t to deal with on the job, so I think I’d understand if you took an early out…

s/f, brother!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by madsox View Post
    Hey, Troop! Good to see you in here. You may have explained before, but what does DROP do for you? I know you’ve been getting more and more stupid sh!t to deal with on the job, so I think I’d understand if you took an early out…

s/f, brother!
    The DROP is the Deferred Retirement Option Plan, it means I retire but keep working. The state no longer pays into my retirement but I dont receive my retirement check, it go's back into my account. If I do 3 yrs in it then that adds 139,000 to my retirement. After the crap I see that they are putting out from our GHQ, I am back to 1-1-2019. The extra money dont do me no good if I aint around to spend it.

Hapy New Year to you all !!!
    25°F and up to 50°F today with some light winds also today from the S.E. gusting up to 11 mph.
    Had a great New Years Eve. went to our local American Legion had some water and visited some of our local Vets to celebrate the evening left about 9 PM came home and went to bed about 11:15 right after the east cost celebrated we did too. went to bed and now it's 2017..

Lets hope 2017 is Better than 2016..
    Semper Fi Brothers

Started off the New Year with fresh snow....

P1100566.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    Started off the New Year with fresh snow....

Attachment 31130
    Beautiful! Living out in the boonies has some good points for sure. This city boy is jealous.. ��

Thread Information