Help!
Create Post

Thread: Help!

Help!

Hello I am 18 and I just graduated high school, I did a senior prank and got caught and charged with criminal trespassing and criminal damage (both class 2 misdemeanors) I also have a misdemeanor paraphernalia charge for an empty baggie. I Always have dreamed of becoming a marine and I wanted to know if there is still a possibility of joining the marines or any branch. I'm not a criminal i just have made some mistakes, i just want to serve this country. how is the waiver process and would the marines even consider me with my record. Thank you anything helps..?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, lets start with a couple of facts. First, you willingly chose to commit those "pranks," so they aren't "mistakes." Second, those "pranks" were crimes, ergo you are a criminal. Perhaps a petite criminal, but a criminal nonetheless.

Next, if you have always dreamed of being a Marine, you should know that Marine, Marine Corps, and the Corps are always capitalized.

Finally, the only way you can find out if you have a shot at a morality waiver is to have a face-to-face meeting with a recruiter. If you are still on probation, it is likely they won't even talk to you until your case is fully adjudicated. They can't get you off any charges or get your probation cut short because you're enlisting. Those days are long past.

Also your profile is rather anemic. Please fill out some more information so we have a better idea who we're talking with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Well, lets start with a couple of facts. First, you willingly chose to commit those "pranks," so they aren't "mistakes." Second, those "pranks" were crimes, ergo you are a criminal. Perhaps a petite criminal, but a criminal nonetheless.
    This....along with all your other comments, I couldn't have said it better Brother.

Far too often people mistakenly use the word "mistake" to describe willful bad behavior/judgment.

OP....get some face time with a recruiter and let all here know of your outcome.

That's my take on it....carry on.

Most people have to learn things the hard way (including Marines). Nobody here can tell you about the waiver process nor your chances of being offered a contract (we are not recruiters). Sit down with a recruiter and tell them everything - take it from there. You're 18 now and no longer in highschool. Act like it.

Good luck

That's telling Him ,Top

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Let us know, here, what the recruiter said, maybe it'll help someone else here down the road. Good luck.

Thread Information