Reserves opinion/question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Run it up the chain, don't go straight to the 1st Sgt. I assume you have a LCpl or a Cpl you report to?.It's called an RIDT -- Different commands show varying degrees of leniency with them. Generally speaking, time is of the essence on these matters. If you aren't giving at least a months notice, I wouldn't expect much. There is no excuse to not give at least a couple months notice for a non-emergency, but commands vary wildly. I've had some that didn't care if it was the drill before, and others that said no unless they had 90 days.

I'm assuming you are new at the unit? We got RIDT briefs almost every drill.

Not trying to step on your toes top, custom and practice in my and other SMCR units was to run it up the chain like any other matter. Jumping the chain was no more acceptable for this as it was for other matters.

Mike

^^^no problem. Chain of command sounds right. Been a long time since I was on the I-I Staff here. Just seem to remember the reserve company 1stSgt answering a lot of similar questions during the company formation. The actual request went through the chain of command like normal, but he would explain the CO's policies to all hands in formation.

Our 1st Sgts would usually answer questions in formation as well, but all was usually through the Platoon Sergeant at that point.

Mike

Thread Information