Recruiter told me not to mention past medical promblem
Create Post

Recruiter told me not to mention past medical promblem

Basically when i was 13 years old i was prescribed a anti depressant i only took it for a month and a half and just quit taking it as i grew out of that immaturity. I'm now 17 years old and wish to become a marine when i told my recruiter about this he said it was so long ago to just not mention it any advice ?

Similar Threads:

Couple things.

One of our 14 leadership traits is integrity - doing the right thing when nobody is watching or when it's not the popular thing to do. If you lack integrity, you probably should seek a different career path. You will have to answer questions about past medications/diagnosis at MEPS. It's not just a matter of not mentioning it. You'll have to mark either yes or no on the medical history questionnaire. At that time, you'll have to decide to be honest or not (display integrity or not).

By not being completely truthful. You open yourself up to a potential fraudulent enlistment charge and punitive discharge. It happens. How lucky do you feel?

So. My advice is to disclose everything about your past. Have a clean conscience and live with the consequences. And then take it from there.

Good luck.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good advice. Although some of these things are very minor compared to the Old Days when nothing like this was given a second thought, nowadays things are different, and as Top says, fraudulent enlistment may rear its ugly head. People who did not disclose things are subject to it, later on, and it is provided for in the UCMJ, Uniform Code of Military Justice, the Marine Corps laws, in other words.....then the person can be charged and can be booted out, after all that hard work....so yes, disclose everything. Not just because of obligation but because you can proceed with a clear conscience after that, not looking over your shoulder hoping no one says to you, come into my office, we gotta talk about your enlistment papers. Good luck to you.

Thread Information