To: Law Enforcement everywhere
Create Post

To: Law Enforcement everywhere

Just a small note of sincere thanks to the men and women of law enforcement everywhere in this great nation. Especially in light of the murderous events in Dallas and now in Baton Rouge and the numerous other unsucessful attempts on the lives of law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics and other first responders rendering assistance to those in need.

Many Marine veterans have selflessly joined the ranks of the law enforcement profession after their service to our country. It is men and women like you that respond to pleas for help at the drop of a hat with no questions asked.

I had the honor of being an FMF Corpsman and served alongside many fine Marines back in the 70's. I have also served as an on-call SWAT/SERT team medical backup and alternate hostage negotiator with a county Sheriff's office in Nothern California and saw first hand, the same unwavering dedication to duty that I experienced while in the Navy serving with the Corps.

For what it's worth, once again: "I got your 6" (if for nothing more than moral support) and literally if/when the Sh** hits the proverbial fan. I wish I could do more.

At risk of being guilty of psycho-babbling, I just want to say THANK YOU to all law enforcement officers everywhere- military veterans or not- and may God bless you and your family. Stay safe...