Words not meant for American Ears - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Russ.....I got the crock pot going, chips....check, cheese dip......check, Root-beer.....check. Is Natile made up....check, did I get a National defense Medal in 1980....check, did I get a good conduct medal in 3 years.....check. Do I get 100% disability for PTSD and never saw combat.....check.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post

Russ.....
    I got the crock pot going,
    chips....check,
    cheese dip......check,
    Root-beer.....check.
    Is Natile made up....check,
    did I get a National defense Medal in 1980....check,
    did I get a good conduct medal in 3 years.....check.
    Do I get 100% disability for PTSD and never saw combat.....check.
    I Have heard rumor
    actual Marines have in fact earned a
    Good Conduct Ribbon-

They led sheltered lives.......

I was another of the real Marines who jumped in the truck and left to a new OP. We had good leadership and planned our strategy well; step by step; front to back; we were determined to regroup. We did! Our Flag flies high! Our bond is strong! And the old leader and his group are long gone.

ORDO AD CHAO

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    I Have heard rumor
    actual Marines have in fact earned a
    Good Conduct Ribbon-

They led sheltered lives.......
    Thing is Ed.....unless they changed it....you have to have 4 years in, to get one.......never heard of any one getting one for 3 years......have you......just saying....( quoting #1 )

I got one, it was only 3 years required. I was a good ol boy and saw chaplin charlie every Sunday.

yep, only 3 years required for the "I didn't get caught" (good conduct) medal, 4 years for that "hash mark" on the sleeve of your blouse.... the "mall ninja" squad had no chance against a fireteam of REAL MARINES.. just saying....

Whenever my squad (we averaged 7 of us) put out surpresing fire it was a real thing of beauty with all the tracers and such. Whenever I think back to those times I'm still in awe of what so few of us could do. I served 3 years, 1 month, 1 day.

Talk about tracers......my M-60 lit 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    yep, only 3 years required for the "I didn't get caught" (good conduct) medal, 4 years for that "hash mark" on the sleeve of your blouse.... the "mall ninja" squad had no chance against a fireteam of REAL MARINES.. just saying....
    William.....I blame Obama for my bad memory....I'm always preoccupied about his sorry low life azz.

Thread Information