Words not meant for American Ears - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Russ.....I got the crock pot going, chips....check, cheese dip......check, Root-beer.....check. Is Natile made up....check, did I get a National defense Medal in 1980....check, did I get a good conduct medal in 3 years.....check. Do I get 100% disability for PTSD and never saw combat.....check.


  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post

    Russ.....
    I got the crock pot going,
    chips....check,
    cheese dip......check,
    Root-beer.....check.
    Is Natile made up....check,
    did I get a National defense Medal in 1980....check,
    did I get a good conduct medal in 3 years.....check.
    Do I get 100% disability for PTSD and never saw combat.....check.
    I Have heard rumor
    actual Marines have in fact earned a
    Good Conduct Ribbon-

    They led sheltered lives.......


  3. #18
    I was another of the real Marines who jumped in the truck and left to a new OP. We had good leadership and planned our strategy well; step by step; front to back; we were determined to regroup. We did! Our Flag flies high! Our bond is strong! And the old leader and his group are long gone.

    ORDO AD CHAO

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    I Have heard rumor
    actual Marines have in fact earned a
    Good Conduct Ribbon-

    They led sheltered lives.......
    Thing is Ed.....unless they changed it....you have to have 4 years in, to get one.......never heard of any one getting one for 3 years......have you......just saying....( quoting #1 )


  5. #20
    I got one, it was only 3 years required. I was a good ol boy and saw chaplin charlie every Sunday.


  6. #21
    yep, only 3 years required for the "I didn't get caught" (good conduct) medal, 4 years for that "hash mark" on the sleeve of your blouse.... the "mall ninja" squad had no chance against a fireteam of REAL MARINES.. just saying....


  7. #22
    Whenever my squad (we averaged 7 of us) put out surpresing fire it was a real thing of beauty with all the tracers and such. Whenever I think back to those times I'm still in awe of what so few of us could do. I served 3 years, 1 month, 1 day.


  8. #23
    Talk about tracers......my M-60 lit 'em up.


  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    yep, only 3 years required for the "I didn't get caught" (good conduct) medal, 4 years for that "hash mark" on the sleeve of your blouse.... the "mall ninja" squad had no chance against a fireteam of REAL MARINES.. just saying....
    William.....I blame Obama for my bad memory....I'm always preoccupied about his sorry low life azz.


  10. #25
    HappyAnniversary !!!
    almost missed it


  11. #26
    my oh my -
    doesn't Time Fly-





  12. #27
    POST #11 ^

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post

    How can we forget

    I was one of the Marines in the truck.

    However....the bad guy should have known better
    than to ambush a team of seasoned Marines.
    We regrouped,
    established a chain of command,
    and started operation, ( Pay Back ).
    We operated by the Grunt code.....leave no azzhole traitor standing.

    We communicated with the top brass....
    sent out recon teams to gather information on the enemy......
    black listed every enemy sympathizer.....
    In the end, we exposed the wanna-be Dictator
    as a lying and conniving Phony.
    We took back lost territory,
    set up our Rear Area,
    and planted our victory Flag.
    We are now under the Operational Command of a real Marine.
    Yahknow-

    I've "probed around"-
    & Still looking.....BUT.

    Can't find the thread that
    started it all...........


    interesting........



  13. #28
    We're still here! We're grateful to have a good Corps group, that includes the original truck riders.

    ORDO AD CHAO

  14. #29
    TWO more years, and we all get a "hashmark", just sayin.....


  15. #30
    Am I missing something here???


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts