where could i be deployed and stationed
Create Post

where could i be deployed and stationed

i have picked four jobs 2141 aav repairer/tech,1341 engineer equipment mechanic,1316 metal worker,and 3521 organizational automotive mechanic. im just wondering if its possible to figure out where i would be stationed and deployed. google says that as a aav mechanic i could be stationed in NC,CA,or HI. But i cant find the others

Similar Threads:

Jinxed;

Let's start with "where are you in the enlistment process?" Have you just picked those MOSes from a list someplace, or are you talking to a recruiter? If you're working with a recruiter, are you in the DEP yet or just an interested prospect?

Tell us a little more about yourself and we can give you better info. Most of it may end up being "ask your recruiter", but we may have some answers around here, a lot of Marines pass by here.

Oh, and if you are a Poolee, fill out the right fields in your profile so we can get you tagged as a Poolee - right now you aren't.

More from me and some others soon, I'm sure.

Welcome to Leatherneck!

Last edited by madsox; 07-05-16 at 09:03 AM. Reason: typoes

Thank you for the fast response im not a poolee yet. i talked with a recruiter he is really helpful and wants to make sure being a Marine is what i want and hasent pressured me at all. He does training every week with poolees and geusts but ive only just started going last week. I waited a month after talking to him because 8 years is a big comittment and i did a lot of research in that time ive found the line scores,cutting scores, and where I would train at. now i am just trying to figure out some possible places i could be stationed and deployed at to narrow down my choices to three when that time comes.

I'll try to help a little.

AAV units are mostly assigned where the 3 infantry divisions are located. Camp LeJeune NC, Camp Pendleton, CA and Okinawa, Japan. Plan on going to one of those 3 places.

Combat engineer units are attached to infantry units. So, same rule applies to 1341.

Motor T mechanics are needed everywhere there are vehicles so they can go anywhere.

Since welders are in the combat support category (along with electricians, utilities, refrigeration, etc), they can be found at the 3 large bases mentioned with infantry units.

When you graduate from school for one of these jobs, you'll have a choice of going to the east coast, west coast, or overseas (Japan or Hawaii). You cannot pick a particular base.

Impossible to say where to, or even if, you'd get deployed. Many Marines never get deployed at all. Others deploy multiple times. Too many factors involved at this point to speculate. Out of those you listed, 2141 would have the highest probability of deploying, followed by 1341.

One thing you may want to consider is training/experience for a civilian job once you leave the military. There are no AAV's to repair in the civilian world so that job does not translate. The other 3 all translate very easily into the civilian job market.

Another thing to consider is, the jobs you'll be qualified for will be based on your ASVAB score (aptitude test). The higher your score, the more jobs you'll qualify for so you'll need to do the best you can on it. Once you become a poolee, your recruiter can give you a practice ASVAB test to see how you do. There are study guides and more practice tests for the ASVAB at your public library, bookstores, and on-line.

i took the practice test and got 53 i know i could get a better score because i didnt try very hard on math but scored perfect on vocab ive been using an app to study for the last month and trying to soak up as much mechanical information i can i deffinetly want a job i can learn skills for later in life so i geuss aav is out now i just need to figure out if i want to weld or wrench thanks for the help and fast respones

That is ONE big run-on sentence. Punctuation/capitalization/paragraph structure is your friend!

Talk to your recruiter again about narrowing down your choice. That's what they're there for.

Sorry hopefully it was not too hard to understand. I need to work on my grammar, but i appreciate you taking the time to figure out what i was trying to say. Also i'd like to thank you for your service. I think 3521 (organizational automotive mechanic) will be my first choice because id like some variety in my work and think i could find a civilian job easier then welding.

Thread Information