This is just "Terrible"....!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is just "Terrible"....!!!

An animal-rights groups on Wednesday launched protests of the Air Force Academy's killing of rabbits and chickens as part of a survival training program for cadets.

The academy program has been around since the 1960s and trains cadets how to live in the wilderness and evade enemy forces. It stems from an older Air Force Survival, Escape, Resistance and Evasion program that's has been used to train flight crews since World War II.

As part of the program, cadets are trained to kill and cook their own food under primitive conditions. Live rabbits and chickens are killed and eaten, prompting the protest from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

"Beating tame rabbits to death is both cruel and unnecessary," Kathy Guillermo, PETA's senior vice president of laboratory investigations, said in a statement. "PETA is calling on the U.S. Air Force Academy to stop killing animals and to join other military units in using humane and effective non-animal training methods."

The academy referred all questions about the program to the Pentagon, which had no immediate comment.

Air Force survival training programs were designed for downed flight crews, allowing airmen to live in the wild while evading enemy forces. At the academy, cadets are run through a 10-day program that includes training on how the Air Force rescues flight crews and combat skills.

According to Air Force documents obtained by PETA under the Freedom of Information Act, the program also focuses on killing and preparing game.

Similar Threads:

Goes to prove that some people are educated above their intelligence level!

They didn't like the live pig tissue training at Camp Pendleton some years ago either.Maybe they though using live Marines would be more humane.
      http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...n-live-tissue/

That's what I'll be doing if they cut off my food stamps.

Well I think air force Dave could chime in and help us all,lol, Semper Fidelis.

PC America is clueless... Virtually every survival course uses chickens and or rabbits for training...

They are so quick to point fingers, yet, never have I seen them come up with a viable alternative...

Just like Politicians, diss something, but have zero solution...

OK, no more live chickens, from now on, the AF will use Chocolate Rabbits and Rubber Chickens to "simulate" killing and cooking your own food under primitive conditions.... cadets will also be instructed on how to properly shop for foodstuffs in local grocery stores or open markets while E&Eing from enemy territory.... LOL.... really, sometimes I do believe that people go to college to get STUPID .....

Well, Gee - Golly - Whiz Top, "What if" they made 7-11 and Walmart off limits during those exercises...

Let's not stop there,, put all junk food, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's on that off limit list as well..

Screw it... Survival is just to complicated...

Classes are now cancelled for lack of interest....!!!

Many go to College to get out of working. However, I can't talk.....I dropped out in 10th grade when I discovered Beer and wild Women. When I drinked a lot of beer, I was smartest one around and those wild women could teach you a thing or two, everyday......how's that for education??

well FO, I guess maybe the AF can do without "survival training" as long as they maintain the "designated granma" to keep those drone pilots well supplied with TWINKIES and GRAPE SODAS......

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
      I discovered Beer and wild Women. When I drinked a lot of beer, I was smartest one around and those wild women could teach you a thing or two, everyday......how's that for education??
      Say it aint so....??? Wild women & Beer....???

Add a Marine to that mix.... O M G....!!!!

I think Top nailed it...

Air Force Survival will now be conducted on the internet at their leisure...

All chickens and rabbits shall be simulated...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotoscar View Post
      I think Top nailed it...

Air Force Survival will now be conducted on the internet at their leisure...

All chickens and rabbits shall be simulated...!!!
      GRANMA, can you bring me another TWINKIE and a GRAPE SODA ???....

relax, Billy, as a "GRADUATE" of the University of Southeast Asia, Viet Nam Campus, you have accumulated all of the wisdom and education required for a long and happy life, and anybody that doesn't like that "Degree" hanging on your wall is welcome to eat pickles and drink champagne....

Thread Information