about your drill instructor - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    You are correct. However, they don't just take volunteers. One can receive orders to DI school without asking (same for recruiter's school). Think embassy duty is still volunteer only but not 100% certain since they need so many bodies today (State Department keeps asking for more).
    if the state department needs more bodies, i'm sure they could use this guy.

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm still happy I was a jarhead. Wouldn't change a thing about my enlistment, especially not the two deployments. The experience helped shape the man I am today, and I'm eternally grateful for that because I'm as awesome as I am good looking! HA!

Justin....did you suffer any kind of head injury on deployment? I mean........well you know

Oh that? Nah, doc told me to drink some water and walk it off. I did and I'm perfectly fine. Those corpsmen (corps-people? Gotta serve the PC gods) really know their chit!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    I'm still happy I was a jarhead. Wouldn't change a thing about my enlistment, especially not the two deployments. The experience helped shape the man I am today, and I'm eternally grateful for that because I'm as awesome as I am good looking! HA!
    I was (am) very happy and proud to have been a Marine. I have had the experience of going to war with the Marine Corps and Air Force. I would never go to war with the AF again if I was paid a million bucks.

Credits
    Savings
    The "Material" they're using in the attempt
    to make U S Marines is not what it used to be.
    the younger generation may be better educated.
    but Mothers of America and Crybabies abound.

Things have changed my friends / things have
    changed

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    The "Material" they're using in the attempt
    to make U S Marines is not what it used to be.
    the younger generation may be better educated.
    but Mothers of America and Crybabies abound.

Things have changed my friends / things have
    changed
    things have changed alright.

This thread is about your DI's ...

Again you have managed to stray far off topic (M) arine 6551..

Try and stay on topic...

The "M" in Marine is always capitalized...!!!

smh....

My DI's never had nightmares about us......we had nightmares about them. They could break your ( I won't give up attitude, at will ). Also, we wasn't allowed to be Gung-Ho because we wasn't Marines yet. You must have been in the Peace Corps, not the Marine Corps.

Hey Billy, you ever get that answer to your question about units in Cpen in 69?

NO....I know the 27th Marines left Nam in 68. Those with 6 or more months left were assigned to other units. The rest....the short timers were sent back and the 27th was deactivated in June of 69.

Speaking of DI's....

How many here have actually met any of their DI's in the fleet or elsewhere..???

I never did...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotoscar View Post
    Speaking of DI's....

How many here have actually met any of their DI's in the fleet or elsewhere..???

I never did...
    I met our Heavy on my second trip to Okinawa. We went out for dinner and drinks a couple of times. He was a SSgt then and I was a Sgt. Really nice guy when he wasn't wearing the Hat. We were his last platoon so he remembered quite a bit about us and had some interesting stories to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    My DI's never had nightmares about us......we had nightmares about them. They could break your ( I won't give up attitude, at will ). Also, we wasn't allowed to be Gung-Ho because we wasn't Marines yet. You must have been in the Peace Corps, not the Marine Corps.
    that's what i said originally, we had nightmares about them. the di i had taught all of us to be gung-ho about the corps while we were still boots.

Quote Originally Posted by marine6551 View Post
    that's what i said originally, we had nightmares about them. the di i had taught all of us to be gung-ho about the corps while we were still boots.
    Was this in some dream you had? What were your DI's names?

Thread Information