MOS decision
Create Post

Thread: MOS decision

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Lightbulb MOS decision

Good afternoon everyone i just have a quick question so my shipping date just change to July 25 just like i wanted but now i have to pick my mos and really i'm undecided between 03xx or CR which includes 1300,2100,3500 so if you guys have any information on those please let me know it will help a lot.

Similar Threads:

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hi---you should ask your recruiter these questions, and Google as much else as you can, because sometimes people here don't have info about specific MOSs, and even if they do, the info might be outdated----but in general, keep in mind that you may not like a particular MOS, the sound of it, the description of it, but it might turn out to be the best job you ever had.

You just never know about these things that are so far just on paper only.

Example, in my day they had Classification Tests at boot camp and that, plus the ever-present Needs of The Corps, determined what MOS we would be assigned. We had no choice, not even the field.

All MOSs were assigned, except what they called Aviation Guaranteed.

My point is, the MOS they gave me was and is the best job I ever had, before or since then. And I had zero info about it, no one to ask, no one to turn to for information. You see people coming on this site saying they would hate a desk job, then come to find out a year later, like McDonalds, they're lovin' it. So don't be discouraged because a particular MOS doesn't sound cool or exciting.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    thank you i would keep doing research and talk to mu recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by 2571 USMC View Post
    Hi---you should ask your recruiter these questions, and Google as much else as you can, because sometimes people here don't have info about specific MOSs, and even if they do, the info might be outdated----but in general, keep in mind that you may not like a particular MOS, the sound of it, the description of it, but it might turn out to be the best job you ever had.

You just never know about these things that are so far just on paper only.

Example, in my day they had Classification Tests at boot camp and that, plus the ever-present Needs of The Corps, determined what MOS we would be assigned. We had no choice, not even the field.

All MOSs were assigned, except what they called Aviation Guaranteed.

My point is, the MOS they gave me was and is the best job I ever had, before or since then. And I had zero info about it, no one to ask, no one to turn to for information. You see people coming on this site saying they would hate a desk job, then come to find out a year later, like McDonalds, they're lovin' it. So don't be discouraged because a particular MOS doesn't sound cool or exciting.
    brother dave; great comeback-i was assigned the desk job mos of 0151 and hated it, until i was transferred to 3rd military police, and after my discharge, i immediately was hired as a sheriff' officer and loved that too, except for the politics that come with the job.

Credits
    Savings
    That's what I meant, Skip---we just never know. We think, aw, that job is horrible! Then come to find out, it's great, but it looked bad at first because we had no experience doing it.

Obvious difference between 03XX and the others you listed is - 03XX does not translate to the civilian world whereas the others do. If having a job where you can learn a trade for when you get out is important to you.

One other thing to consider about the 03XX field is - what it can potentially do to your body. Lots of grunts end up with overuse injuries (back, knees, ankles, etc) due to the combat loads they must routinely carry to do their jobs. Some of these injuries result in medical discharges or lateral moves into other MOS's that don't punish the body as much.

Credits
    Savings
    OP: we're interested in what happens, so please keep us posted here on this same thread.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    thank you MSGT for the reply and it really make sense what your saying that was one of my concern i have a wife and a son so i really need to make sure that what i pick really fits and help for when i decide to get out which i'm hopping is no time soon. the reason i was considering 03xx is because that was what i wanted to do when i started the enlisting process back in 2012 but i think i have made up my mind and i'm going with the CR=1300,2100,3500

brother dave, i knew what you meant, both of us just said it a different way.
    sempers brother

rollie; what you say is true- the civvie world could give a rats' behind what an 0311 is to themuntil we step up to the plate and demonstrate what we're made of.

Credits
    Savings
    Yep, Skip, we think alike, at least in these areas LOL

Yep, Skip, we think alike, at least in these areas LOL
    easy dave; people might get the impression we're buddies.

Credits
    Savings
    ok, Skip, yeah, we disagree on just about everything! Is that better??? LOL

ok, Skip, yeah, we disagree on just about everything! Is that better??? LOL
    yessir brother dave, just like typical jarheads, we can agree to disagree with utter respect for one another.

Thread Information