Quote Of The Day
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Quote Of The Day

When posting your favorite quotes please list the author.

Thank you.

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico. There's no such thing as a former Marine."

General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps

Thought this applicable seeing how there's so much dishonesty, misinformation, half-truths, and outright intentional deceit out there in so many places these days.

“There is beauty in truth, even if it's painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to the ignorant, and powerful to the weak. But lies only strengthen our defects. They don't teach anything, help anything, fix anything or cure anything. Nor do they develop one's character, one's mind, one's heart or one's soul.”
    - José N. Harris

Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. Many never open the book.

WOW, my quotes have been erased, that's a shame...

Make up your own rules as things move along...

So sad....

No problem,, I can write them again.....

The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks...!!!

By Anonymous - Unknown Hunter....

Some people create their own storms,
    Then get upset when it rains...

Anonymous - Unknown Author

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You didn't learn the first time ?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

― John Lennon

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! ~ Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Any officer can get by on his sergeants. To be a sergeant you have to know your stuff. I’d rather be an outstanding sergeant than just another officer.
    —SgtMaj Daniel Daly 1873-1937

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

-Gen James Mattis USMC (ret)

We make generals today on the basis of their ability to write a damned letter. Those kinds of men can’t get us ready for war.
    —LtGen Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller

For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never know.
    —Inscription on the back of a flak jacket worn by a Marine machine-gunner on the DMZ, RVN, 1968 - Author Unknown...

The Marines don’t have any race problems. They treat everybody like they’re black.
    —Gen Daniel “Chappie” James Jr., USAF, circa 1970

"Females in combat MOS's is not a good idea for the Marine Corps" (or something to that effect). Former Commandant General Dunford to SECDEF Ash Carter. Went in one ear and out the other.

The SECDEF has publicly stated this conversation took place and it's a matter of record the USMC is against this policy so I'm not making it up. Just don't know the exact quote. Sorry if I'm breaking that rule.

Thread Information