Question about contract i signed
Create Post

Question about contract i signed

I signed the contract at meps 4 or 5 weeks ago and we were all told wed sign open contracts and choose our MOS with our recruiters, i want to be an 0311, change that i need that MOS, how can i be sure ill get it if its open and that open contract thing wasnt just a bunch of bull**** to get us as combat cooks my boss told me he did the same thing the difference was he signed his MOS contract 5 minutes after the Open one.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 06-17-16 at 07:15 AM. Reason: No cursing on an " Open Forum "...

Think you misunderstood what everyone was told. Because, everyone would not be signing open contracts. Open contracts are rare and only signed in cases where a poolee wants to leave ASAP, and so quickly, they don't care what MOS they end up with. Or, there is no other choice, for whatever reason. The part about choosing your MOS with your recruiter is accurate (that is not an open contract - where your MOS is chosen for you).

You can't be sure you'll get an 03XX contract. Everyone wants one, but there are only so many to go around. Sometimes, the recruiter will offer an 03XX Reserve Contract, but not an active duty one.

Just be sure your recruiter knows what you want. Tell them you will not ship to bootcamp unless you have an 03XX contract. Be prepared to stay in the DEP for a long time. The new MOS allocations from Headquarters, Marine Corps will not be released till October 1st (new Fiscal Year).

Bottom line. You will not be forced to sign an open contract. You may-or-may not get the MOS you want. The needs of the Marine Corps come first - always.

Thread Information