Greeting once again!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greeting once again!

a few years since I've been on here. Hope to get to know some of the newer members and touch base with some of the "elders". Semper Fi!

Similar Threads:

Welcome back!

Thanks! Good to be back!

Where you been?

Quote Originally Posted by SupChf View Post

a few years since I've been on here.

Hope to get to know some of the newer members
    and touch base with some of the "elders".

Semper Fi!

Good to see you Passing-thru Marine !

Moral in here is weak and Beatings will continue
    until it improves -

Mind that you don't step in the "UmGallaGalla"
    around the site - MUCH deeper now than when you were
    here last.........

Don't ask about a "Chatroom" either

Welcome back,I dont know if we met yet,hope to get to know you better

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by SupChf View Post
    a few years since I've been on here. Hope to get to know some of the newer members and touch base with some of the "elders". Semper Fi!
    hello brother; thanks for the post, now i know where to introduce myself, not only as one of the elders, but also as one of the "old farts".

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    Good to see you Passing-thru Marine !

Moral in here is weak and Beatings will continue
    until it improves -

Mind that you don't step in the "UmGallaGalla"
    around the site - MUCH deeper now than when you were
    here last.........

Don't ask about a "Chatroom" either

Ed, what is UmGallaGalla? I'm almost afraid to ask.

greetings from tucson, arizona:
    well, i finally figured out how and where to introduce myself!

i decided early in life to join the corps at 17 and found myself on the yellow footprints in mcrd sandiego early one morning and what a culture shock at 0200 hours!
    after bc h (bootcamp hell) and a short 20-day leave, i was assigned to h&s bn at camp pendleton for traing as an office manager... that'not what the hell i joined for, and was labeled a remington raider, pecking all day on a typewriter updating marines paperwork such as new rank, pay raises and i felt like an idiot, not sharing combat stories like so many of you did and i began to hate the corps, wishing i had chosen a different branch of service.
    but, once i got settled in, irealized i had become a member ofa brotherhood like none other, which is what brought me to this forum as i miss my brothers-in-arms, so if it sounds like i'm rambling aimlessly here, forgive me as i've had my share of curves and hills over the past few yrs, mainly losing my beloved wife to uterus cancer just 2 yrs ago and i still cry day and night As i still love and miss her, as i waited on her hand and foot months before she became so ill, it was a pleasure to get up at oh-dark-thirty everymorning to fix her coffee and breakfast before she left for work, all the while, my little female miniature poodle was clawing my leg and screaming for her daddy to pay attention to her also.
    being i was raised in a typical southern christian home, my wife and i always put god and christ first in our lives as we believed and trusted in him for everything we had, giving god the glory, praise and thanksgiving daily, something i still do to this day, and if that offends abyone, don'expect me to apologize as i will stand tall and firm on my faith and trust. even my female podle would bow her head by her bowl of food as we all thanked god for our food; blessings; shelter and finances, again i still do that to this very day.
    on the day my wife passed away, i was struck down with my 1st of 10 strokes, which put me in a wheelchair, no longer able to srand and walk like a normal man, so i've given up on the thought of ever getting married again, as i know there is no woman who would want a husband in the condition i'm in and can't blame them.

so, when someone refers to me as being handicapped, i just smile and tell them my marine training with god's grace, has actually made me "handi-capable". therefore, god and the va have blessed me with a wonderful caregiver who takes care of me and my needs on a daily basis.
    in fact, i have a brand new motorized wheelchair i can't use, so it's just sitting in my front room gathering dust.
    so, if any of you know a vet or senior citizen like myself who could use that chair for mobility, let me know thru a pm and iwill give it to them at no charge, they'll have to provide the manpower and transportation, such as a flat bed trailer with a ramp and straps to take it home.

by the way, if any of you know of someone who has miniature poodle puppies for sale in the tucson area, plese let me know how to contact them, as it's better to let apuppy pick you!

i'm originally from corpus christi, texas and spent many of my years working in houston as a senior electrical/instrumentation design engineer primarily in petrochemical plants

Welcome aboard Marine 6551! Glad you're here. You sound like the kind of person that will be an asset.

Semper Fi!

Hammer 3

ED!!! I see that the chatroom isn't up and running...figure it was intentional..lol....good to see your legendary handle pop-up on the readboard...gonna have to catch-up a bit! Semper Fi Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer3 View Post
    Welcome aboard Marine 6551! Glad you're here. You sound like the kind of person that will be an asset.

Semper Fi!

Hammer 3
    appreciate the kudos sir; i'll do my very best here... i don't think i put my post in the right area like you and many others.
    sempers back at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by marine6551 View Post
    appreciate the kudos sir; i'll do my very best here... i don't think i put my post in the right area like you and many others.
    sempers back at ya!
    Welcome aboard Marine!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great to be friends Mike. I hope I got you all squared away now brother.

Welcome Aboard, Marine.. Enjoy your stay here.... Semper Fi

Thread Information