Recruiter telling me to lie about my tonsillectomy? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you for your PM.

Your status on the forum has been changed from " Marine Friend " to " Poolee/DEP ". Please square away your profile asap with all fields filled out to reflect the changes.

Thank you and congrats once again.

They can tell if you had a tonsilectomy so please dont lie. As a former Doc I never knew of anyone being disqualified for a tonsilectomy so just be honest. good luck son you shouldnt have any problem

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Thank you sir. I stuck to my gut and told the truth and the doctor didn't care and i swore in.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good for you. See, some of these lies are very small ones, and concern very insignificant things, and normally don't cause you any problems, but they could. And here's the biggest thing of all, keep this in mind. Once you BEGIN lying, you almost never stop. The next lies are bigger and better and more damaging to yourself and others. So good decision on your part, and please keep us posted as to how you're doing?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yes, OP, believe it or not, the lies start once, and they end up going on and on, even to your friends, and you just can't stop. So you did the right thing, and please keep us up to date on what you do from here. Right on this same thread. It will fall by the wayside but just bring it back up again. Good luck to you.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yshaban View Post
    Thank you sir. I stuck to my gut and told the truth and the doctor didn't care and i swore in.
    Thank you for filling out your profile. Best of luck once again !

I had a hand surgery back in 2005 as a result of being a jackass, and my recruiter said tell them about it. So I did the doc asked me if I could function fully. He made me do a few exercises, and a few motions. When I showed him it was functional he just shrugged it off, and said alright you're good. You'll be fine, MEPS is cake.

I will keeps you guys update on my progress. Thank you all for your service and support.

If you lie to get into the Marine Corps, your lies will find you out. Be honest and truthful, and in most cases, you will be approved to enlist.

Thread Information